caribbean princess - first time cruiser, questions

ninithepug

going to sail (caribbean princess) to western carribbean next week, first time ever. a few questions

- heard caribbean princess sale the drink package, if I don't buy the package, am i still getting soft drinks for free?

- is yoga, zumba free? fitness center, free?

- for excursions, were told cheaper if booked on the port? is it safer (no scams etc)

thanks!

For Princess questions, they are best asked on the Princess board.

With that said, soda is not free anywhere.

Most activities are free in the fitness center.

For excursions, you just have to be careful. For a first timer, it might be best to take ship's excursions.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

On Princess (and most other lines) sodas are not free. You can either buy a soda sticker (affixed to your cruise card) for about $4.25 per day plus 15% tip or you can pay for each soda as you consume them. Individual sodas are about $1.95 plus tip. So if you drink 3 or more per day.

Zumba is free. not sure about the others.

You can save money booking a tour on the pier rather than paying Princess to arrange it. It would be a little less safe that way

I would not wait to find a shore excursion at the pier. We've had a couple bad experiences with doing that. Either book with a reputable company over the Internet or book a ship tour. In either case, read reviews of any tour you might take.

Last year our cruise to Alaska was our first cruise. I read reviews here and on Trip Advisor for excursions and went with excursions NOT booked through the cruise ship and had no problems. It was cheaper too. Just do your research. We are going to the Caribbean in a few weeks and every excursion I booked I found online and not worried at all. Have a blast whatever you decide :)