Good place for sailaway on Maasdam

Orcrone

I'm looking for suggestions for a good location for sailaway get together on the Maasdam.

1/1990 - RCCL Song of America

4/13/2003 - Carnival Inspiration

10/30/2004 - Maasdam

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0924ff&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Till sailing on the Maasdam

The sailaway party is always at aft pool. You could make arrangements to meet.....pre-arrange specifically port side, all the way aft or something like that if you don't know what eachother looks like.

The sailaway party is always at aft pool. You could make arrangements to meet.....pre-arrange specifically port side, all the way aft or something like that if you don't know what eachother looks like.
Since we're leaving out of Norfolk at a time of year that the weather is iffy, shouldn't we think about a sheltered area?

Not all ships back out of a port.

We have been on ships in Ft Lauderdale where sometimes we went forward and other times we did have to back out.

I live in the Norfolk area and watched the Maasdam leave the pier on a local webcam several times this spring. It goes forward for a few hundred yards to clear the pier, turns around in the channel and continues from there.

OK OK, I know I have to put this cruise out of my mind for a while. I spend entirely too much time thinking about and planning it.:D :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I are sailing on the Maasdam 12/11/04. I will be driving from the suburbs of Philadelphia. Where is the best place to park? Can you park on the pier as you can in Baltimore?

Wayne

I think Sail is referring to HAL's sailaway party - usually aft pool area, drink specials, music, etc.

If you are looking for a CC meet & great location - it can be anywhere. We met at 9:30pm - 10:00 pm in the Crow's Nest - one of our group made little table cards and name tags - we had an absolute blast!

Archived