1.5L Wine Bottle in Ft Lauderdale

brd1121

Sailed out of Ft Lauderdale in April. The pile of confiscated items behind the port authority workers was the largest I have even seen. They were very picky and saw cruisers arguing with them over items. I think it will get taken.

Sailed out of Ft Lauderdale in April. The pile of confiscated items behind the port authority workers was the largest I have even seen. They were very picky and saw cruisers arguing with them over items. I think it will get taken.

Thank you so much!

A couple of years ago, we tried to bring on a 1.5 liter of wine for the two of us. I also had a bottle of Lemoncello that I had purchased to take home. When we went through security, we were pulled out of line and had to open our carryon bags to be checked.

The agent would NOT let us keep the 1.5 liter of wine to take onboard. I tried my best to explain that there were two of us and that this wine was the equivalent of two .750 bottles. No way would she let us go with the bottle because it was too big.

The funny thing was that she told me that the Lemoncello was ok to take onboard. I think the agents have tunnel vision and don't think for themselves at all.

Things may have changed by now, but this was our experience.

• 10 months later...

I've seen a family of 4, with 2 young teens. They were called to the side to open a bag with 4 x 750ml bottles. Then one of the agents said each person is allowed one bottle and they are a family of 4 so it's fine.

Some of those agents are not thinkers.

Anybody have any recent trouble in Ft. Lauderdale with liquor in their bags?

We sailed out this past December and let me tell you, FT Lauderdale is strick. I had a bottle of Apple Cidar Vinegar in my bag and they wanted to confiscate it. I had to get a supervisor. Do not expect to get anything past check in that is not allowed.

We sailed out this past December and let me tell you, FT Lauderdale is strick. I had a bottle of Apple Cidar Vinegar in my bag and they wanted to confiscate it. I had to get a supervisor. Do not expect to get anything past check in that is not allowed.

I must be good. 23 cruises and no problems yet.

Interestingly, Carnival's own liquor and beverage policy states that you are allowed to take a 1.5 ml box of wine if it's to be shared by 2 people.

Wine/Champagne

one bottle, 750 milliliters or less, per guest 21 years and older

one box of wine, 1.5 liters or less, will be permitted, if shared among 2 guests 21 years or older

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1120/kw/beverage%20policy

Interestingly, Carnival's own liquor and beverage policy states that you are allowed to take a 1.5 ml box of wine if it's to be shared by 2 people.

Wine/Champagne

one box of wine, 1.5 liters or less, will be permitted, if shared among 2 guests 21 years or older

IMHO, why would u do that other than only bubble wrapping 1, , plus 2 would stay fresher unless u were going to drink 1.5 @ 1 setting.

Edited by texast518

Wine/Champagne

LOL. Welcome to another addition of Carnival doesnt follow its own policies

What difference does it make if it's a box or a bottle sized 1.5 liters? If it's supposed to be allowed then it should be allowed...

Not that it would help, but if you are planning on bringing a large bottle with you I would pull up that policy and have that ready to plead your case.

what good would pulling up their policy be if it states one 'box' wine?

if I was the carnival agent and you pulled that out, there would be no way you would be taking a 1.5 bottle on board.

I would just try to show the logic of 2 people with 1.5L is the same as .750 each.

showing the policy would just prove that the carnival agent does not need to allow it.

I bought 90 proof coconut rum. I need ideas how to get it on board.

Goggle it and than watch the rules people tell you how wrong it is.

Of course the poster is wrong. Should I post the Carnival contract......again? :rolleyes:

The last time I tried this, and actually got away with it was in 2009. My Mom and I both brought the larger bottle of wine in our carry on. It was Port of Miami. I have not bothered to try since then, mostly because I dont want to lose that bottle of wine. Just not worth taking the chance anymore for me. Also, the older I get, the less I drink. A 750ml bottle that is allowed, works for me nowadays.:)

Here is an idea, why not let the cruise line handle it on its own.

Obviously since so many people here continually attempt to conspire against Carnival it seems as though they need some help.

How about following your own advice and let wannabe smugglers handle it on their on. You stop attempting to help smugglers and I'll stop telling them it's a violation of the contract they voluntarily signed. If you keep sticking up for smugglers I'll continue sticking up for Carnival, especially since Carnival and myself are right.

Edited by Out to sea!