Shampoo and soap on Ruby Princess

cdreher

Does princess provide soap and/or shampoo on the ruby on the British Isles cruise?

Its provided on every Princess ship and iteniary but its not very good. It was recently changed to very tiny bars of soap and a bulk bottle of shampoo attached to the wall of the shower. :(

Some now bring their own .

The shampoo recently installed in the showers on Princess ships can leave hair tangled and difficult to comb out.

This has been my experience on the Crown.

I plan to pack small bottles of the shampoo and conditioner that I normally use at home when we go on any future Princess cruises.

Princess has installed two pump containers in the showers. One is a shower gel, one is a combination shampoo/conditioner. There are small soap bars by the sink. I now bring my own shampoo and conditioner in a travel-sized container and ask for more bars of the soap for the shower. I won't use the stuff in the containers.

The size of the "very tiny" bars is about the same as the soap bars you get in most hotels in the world, even the fancy hotels.

I don't even understand the issue. If you need another, your

steward will give you one. To me, it seems like a good way

to cut waste.

On my last cruise the soap seemed to be the same diameter as previously, just a bit thinner, and as Pablo222 says, if you need more then just ask for it.

Even using it to wash hands and face 3 times a day for 11 days there was enough left for at least another 5 days.

I carry my own shampoo and soap no matter where we travel. They don't take much space, and I know how they work on my hair and skin. Why take chances with an unfamiliar product?

Edited by FritzG

This'll give you an idea of the size of the small bar of soap:

y4y5e7a8.jpg

The white bottle is lotion but what are the blue and green? Are they products for elite passengers?

Edited by akeasley

The size of the "very tiny" bars is about the same as the soap bars you get in most hotels in the world, even the fancy hotels.

This is not most hotels in the world.

To me its ridiculous and I should not have to ask for more.

Need to stick them together to make them user friendly. :(

Bad idea Princess.

I completely understand that the installed products of shampoo/conditioner and bath gel are a cost effective and environmentally conscience way of delivering these products.

However,the poor quality (IMHO) of these products causes passengers to be dissatisfied.

Surely, Princess could have partnered with a company that makes quality products.

Hilton Garden Inn offers Neutrogena products .I have stayed in other hotels that have offered Crabtree and Evelynproducts as well as Caswell & Massey products.

It is product advertising for the manufacturer and an offer of something pleasant to the Princess passenger. A win- win situation.

I completely understand that the installed products of shampoo/conditioner and bath gel are a cost effective and environmentally conscience way of delivering these products.

However,the poor quality (IMHO) of these products causes passengers to be dissatisfied.

Surely, Princess could have partnered with a company that makes quality products.

Hilton Garden Inn offers Neutrogena products .I have stayed in other hotels that have offered Crabtree and Evelynproducts as well as Caswell & Massey products.

It is product advertising for the manufacturer and an offer of something pleasant to the Princess passenger. A win- win situation.

I agree. Some other lines supply great product, its all part of the experience.

And to have a great one some money needs to be spent. Overall customer satisfaction. This type of product meltdown will stick more in the minds of passengers I think, they will remember! I know I will. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Actually, I sort of like the little bars of soap because they are easier to keep in place and not slip into the sink or tub/shower.

Our cabin steward has always kept two extras in the bathroom so we've never needed to ask for more.

We always take our own shampoo.

LuLu

If you are in a decent hotel pre cruise, take the bath product with you to the ship - probably better than the onboard stuff.

I do not bother to take shampoo, but find I do take a small bottle of my own conditioner with me, or I will have frizzy hair for the duration of my cruise - found that out the hard way!

Dumb thing is if they give you cheap soap, you will probably find it dries your skin, so you use double the amount of body lotion - kinda defeats the purpose!

They probably have a contract to buy the current product for a certain lengh of time, so we are stuck with it, and also probably purchased by someone with no hair, that does not realize it is too cheap, and people hate it.

Yes. The green is shower gel and the blue is shampoo/conditioner. I used just the lotion.

on our last 15 day cruise Nov.2014 to Hawaii on the Grand we got absolutely nothing :mad: We are longtime Elites, always booking a mini suite. No lotions, no soap dish like the nice one in your picture, just the awful green products in the bathroom above the tub. Reading CC boards I had learned about the changes and came with a nice bar of soap and my own hair products :).

Pam when was the picture taken and on what ship,have't seen a soap dish in years, only the shell with all kinds of goodies in it for the bathroom.

I guess I'm in a minority but I loved the Princess products (to use when not on a cruise but I needed a cheer up moment - out would come the shampoo, soap and lotion to make it smell like a cruise). Do the new pumps have the same/similar smell or are they totally different? As for the fact they have combined the conditioner and shampoo I use a similar product daily so it is not a problem though it will be if they don't smell the same. I have my regular shampoo/conditioner ready to go for the Regal.

I guess I'm in a minority but I loved the Princess products (to use when not on a cruise but I needed a cheer up moment - out would come the shampoo, soap and lotion to make it smell like a cruise). Do the new pumps have the same/similar smell or are they totally different? As for the fact they have combined the conditioner and shampoo I use a similar product daily so it is not a problem though it will be if they don't smell the same. I have my regular shampoo/conditioner ready to go for the Regal.

No thats what the issue is, there is no smell really at all. We could not get the shampoo to barely lather.

We loved the old lotion!

Gone is the great Eucalyptus smell that brought back those great memories.

Everything is totally different. :(

No thats what the issue is, there is no smell really at all. We could not get the shampoo to barely lather.

We loved the old lotion!

Gone is the great Eucalyptus smell that brought back those great memories.

Everything is totally different. :(

I agree, no scent really.

I would even buy the old eucalyptus products if they would bring them back.

Hell, they charge us for everything else.:rolleyes:

Mike:)

False equivalence. Most people do not stay in a hotel room for a minimum of 7 days; it's only logical that hotel soap bars would be smaller than Princess's, to cut down on waste.

At home, I use a full-size bar of soap up in about 10 days; I would therefore expect on a 7-day cruise, where I am probably showering twice per day, the cruise line would be more generous than wrapping up what appears to be two communion wafers stuck together and calling that a "bar" of soap. It veers on insulting. I think prisoners-of-war got larger soaps from the Red Cross.

I have always brought my own shampoo and conditioner. I found that Princess' made my hair not feel clean and it seemed to make my hair seem sort of like "flyaway" hair. I also bring my own shower gel. On my last cruise I also started bringing my own hand soap dispenser, just felt more sanitary to me.:):):)

on our last 15 day cruise Nov.2014 to Hawaii on the Grand we got absolutely nothing :mad: We are longtime Elites, always booking a mini suite. No lotions, no soap dish like the nice one in your picture, just the awful green products in the bathroom above the tub. Reading CC boards I had learned about the changes and came with a nice bar of soap and my own hair products :).

Pam when was the picture taken and on what ship,have't seen a soap dish in years, only the shell with all kinds of goodies in it for the bathroom.

We haven't had a soap dish in years either. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind we stay in mini-suites, not full suites.

The Elite things were not there on the day we arrived on our last Princess cruise in January 14 (didn't say anything because we don't use them) but an assortment was left the next day.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers