Jewel of the seas

Cruising at the end of this month on Jewel of the Seas out of Puerto Rico. Any recommendations? things to do? things to avoid? etc?

Sea view cafe onboard.

If you are going to San Juan early the old town is really nice. Visit the San Juan threads. There was a really good review recently that I read. It had really great things to do. I will see if I can find it

For the sea view cafe is it something to do or to avoid? I'll be in Puerto Rico for 3 days before the cruise, staying at the Caribe Hilton.

Sorry!!!!!! it is a do. Food is made fresh to order, and yes that means sometimes a wait, but it is the last radiance ship to have it. They are replacing after the refurbs

Here is the menu (thanks to Patti:))

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30226916&postcount=5

No cover charge either;)

Sorry!!!!!! it is a do. Food is made fresh to order, and yes that means sometimes a wait, but it is the last radiance ship to have it. They are replacing after the refurbs

Here is the menu (thanks to Patti:))

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30226916&postcount=5

No cover charge either;)

We have brought our own ice tea or lemonade with us from another venue onboard (usually the WJ)..I just wish they at least offered them there so we didn't have too...

So looking forward to a few final lunches at the SeaView Cafe on our upcoming Jewel southern caribbean Sept 2014 and then again on the pacific coastal Oct 2015...before it's gone forever.

For the sea view cafe is it something to do or to avoid? I'll be in Puerto Rico for 3 days before the cruise, staying at the Caribe Hilton.

If you get a chance, try a restaurant called Raices in Old San Juan. Excellent food.

Thanks for all the tips!

We are doing the following:

St. Maarten - St. Maarten helmet dive

St. Kitts -Mount Liamuiga Volcano Hike

Antigua - it won't let me book online the excursion we want to do

St. Lucia -Beach Snuba at Pigeon Island in St. Lucia

Barbados -Barbadian Buccaneers

Puerto Rico -Bacardi Rum Distillery with Airport Drop-Off

We have brought our own ice tea or lemonade with us from another venue onboard (usually the WJ)..I just wish they at least offered them there so we didn't have too...

So looking forward to a few final lunches at the SeaView Cafe on our upcoming Jewel southern caribbean Sept 2014 and then again on the pacific coastal Oct 2015...before it's gone forever.

When we were on the Jewel in May they had lemonade, iced tea, and water in containers at the bar you could help yourself to.

OP if you are traveling with children and they enjoy sport related activities, we were able to enjoy the basketball court/soccer to ourselves most evenings after early dinner. We had so much fun! Enjoy the Jewel, she's a beautiful ship with a fantastic itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both ;)

I didn't know about it my first time on Jewel and after reading many reviews, we tried it the next time. There are some good unhealthy snacks that are good and can be had here. They keep what I would call odd hours, but if you want something hot around 11pm or later they are open. I went twice, found the service to be slow, but the food good. Also its a try as I understand its going away on the next refurbishment.

If you're staying at the Caribe check your bill and credit card statement carefully. Keep your receipts.

Mistakes can happen at any hotel. We've stayed at the Caribe 13-14 times and never had an error or mistake on our bill or visa charge.

We have brought our own ice tea or lemonade with us from another venue onboard (usually the WJ)..I just wish they at least offered them there so we didn't have too.

Was on the Jewell in April and I did the same things with my drink, but at times they did have tea and lemonade in a dispenser inside.

We are doing the following:

St. Kitts -Mount Liamuiga Volcano Hike

I hope you're in peak physical condition, because that excursion is closer to mountain climbing than hiking. We met a couple at breakfast the next day who seemed like they were in good shape who said that it toally wiped them out, but it was an amazing view from the end of the trail.

We did the Rainforest Hike, and that was a cool, lovely walk in the woods, where we saw a lot of flora and fauna (incuding a couple of monkeys!). Not as physically demanding, but still a fairly vigorous hike.

When we were on the Jewel in May they had lemonade, iced tea, and water in containers at the bar you could help yourself to.

OP if you are traveling with children and they enjoy sport related activities, we were able to enjoy the basketball court/soccer to ourselves most evenings after early dinner. We had so much fun! Enjoy the Jewel, she's a beautiful ship with a fantastic itinerary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lemonade and ice tea are all I need, with the occasional mojito and piña colada, it is the Caribbean after all.

We are not traveling with kids, but I'm sure my husband and I will end up by the soccer part :-)

I hope you're in peak physical condition, because that excursion is closer to mountain climbing than hiking. We met a couple at breakfast the next day who seemed like they were in good shape who said that it toally wiped them out, but it was an amazing view from the end of the trail.

We did the Rainforest Hike, and that was a cool, lovely walk in the woods, where we saw a lot of flora and fauna (incuding a couple of monkeys!). Not as physically demanding, but still a fairly vigorous hike.

Thanks for the heads up..We are not in peak (lol) shape but we have done a few volcano hikes in Hawaii. We looked at the Rainforest Hike we chose the other one since we will be doing El Yunque in PR.

If you're staying at the Caribe check your bill and credit card statement carefully. Keep your receipts.

My husband is great at keeping track of receipts and checking the statement, I just throw the stuff in a bag and loose half of it lol

Thanks for the heads up..We are not in peak (lol) shape but we have done a few volcano hikes in Hawaii.

DH and I just did this (Not through the ship) we are 48 and I don't know if you'd say we are in PEAK condition, but our guide said we made it in record time! You will be climbing over tree roots, using them as steps ans climbing up rocks (my hubby would have liked more of that!) we definitely good a good workout and worked up a sweat but did enjoy it!

Thanks for the heads up..We are not in peak (lol) shape but we have done a few volcano hikes in Hawaii.

DH and I just did this (Not through the ship) we are 48 and I don't know if you'd say we are in PEAK condition, but our guide said we made it in record time! You will be climbing over tree roots, using them as steps ans climbing up rocks (my hubby would have liked more of that!) we definitely good a good workout and worked up a sweat but did enjoy it!

I'm bracing myself for one hell of a workout!