Diamond Drink vouchers

I was just reading in another thread about bar staffing on the ships having remained about the same but more drinks are being ordered/made/served because of the beverage packages, so staff can't always meet demand and the result is slower service to get drinks.

I know we didn't always take advantage of the DL and DE perks of free drinks b/c it wasn't always handy to do so. We'll probably try harder to get to a bar and place drink order with vouchers. I'd guess more drinks are going to be ordered and servered between 5-8pm because of the DL vouchers.

Without RCCL deciding to increase staffing to rise as # drink orders rise, seems like wait time will increase. And work in other areas increases too, more glasses need to be cleared and washed, etc. Will be interesting to see if service is affected.

Guest maddycat
We just came back from Ex and used the drink vouchers. What do you want to know?

Could you get bottled water with the drink voucher?

Could you get bottled water with the drink voucher?

I didn't ask, but I would guess the answer is 'no'. A suite passenger asked the concierge for bottled water and the concierge said he could only pour a glass of water.

Guest maddycat
I didn't ask, but I would guess the answer is 'no'. A suite passenger asked the concierge for bottled water and the concierge said he could only pour a glass of water.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks for the quick reply.

While no one can predict what Royal Caribbean will do about any policy, so far they seem to be saying that the vouchers are merely an extension of the Diamond Lounge, with the same restrictions and allowances.

In other words, if you could get it in the DL, you can get it at a bar.

If you couldn't get it in the DL, you can't get it at a bar.

:)

To clarify, we are just off the Brilliance...NO drink vouchers, so list may not be correct.

However, the rumor told to us by a bar staffer is that the concierge lounge will soon be limited to SUITES ONLY and that Diamonds and Diamond pluses will be vouchers. Not sure if this is correct, but it would be in line with past RCI decisions to change up the loyalty benefits as too any people reach certain levels. However, they did just add all these diamond lounges to ships, so not sure....

The problem with adding bar staff to cater for extra additional drinks through us and drinks packages is that they would have to reduce staff elsewhere as ships are mostly bound with numbers of beds available for crew

Trying to fix this on the newer ships but the older ones are stuck

To add one here have to take there

Or use passenger cabins for crew

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To clarify, we are just off the Brilliance...NO drink vouchers, so list may not be correct.

However, the rumor told to us by a bar staffer is that the concierge lounge will soon be limited to SUITES ONLY and that Diamonds and Diamond pluses will be vouchers. Not sure if this is correct, but it would be in line with past RCI decisions to change up the loyalty benefits as too any people reach certain levels. However, they did just add all these diamond lounges to ships, so not sure....

We were also told (while on Ex) that the CL would be suites only.

Edited by marci22

We were also told (while on Ex) that the CL would be suites only.

What about the Pineapples? They deserve to stay in the CL!

We won't miss the CL. The only one we really liked was on the Radiance. If it's an inside CL we don't even bother going to it. We will most likely head up to the Viking Crown from now on. If we want something to eat we might make a plate of appys to bring from the Windjammer.

What about the Pineapples? They deserve to stay in the CL!

We won't miss the CL. The only one we really liked was on the Radiance. If it's an inside CL we don't even bother going to it. We will most likely head up to the Viking Crown from now on. If we want something to eat we might make a plate of appys to bring from the Windjammer.

Yeah I don't know. I questioned it and he said, 'no, suites only!'

But no one knows until it happens. Or until enough people complain.

I don't really like the inside CL on Ex but that was where the most people were so we stayed. P's went to the 19th Hole with some of the suites.