Drink of day/shot of day price?

So I understand you can order the Drink of the day and the shot of the day without the special glass to keep....but how much is it in a "generic" glass?

They used to give you something like $2 or $3 off without the souvenir glass, but not anymore. No more discount for getting a generic glass.

They used to give you something like $2 or $3 off without the souvenir glass, but not anymore. No more discount for getting a generic glass.

What? Now that is crazy. Did the overall price for the drink of the day come down.

What? Now that is crazy. Did the overall price for the drink of the day come down.

Not to my knowledge. It's all about increasing cash flow.

Edited by clarea

From my last cruise:

RCI%20Shot%20Glasses%202.jpg

Nice picture, Debi! Brings back memories of our Allure cruise last year. To help us keep track and determine if the drink package we bought was worth it, we took a picture of every pair of drinks we ordered. When we got home and downloaded our pictures, it was "Oh, my my". We definitely surpassed the "break even" number.

We ordered the 'drinks of the day' on that cruise, but were never charged anything extra for the glass. I had read in other threads that we might get charged a couple of dollars just for the glass (since we already had the drink package), but we were never charged.

Are those glasses that are pictured the ones they sell in the MDR after dinner? I remember seeing something similar on our last cruise.

Yes, those are the nightly shot glasses. Different color each night.

We have several of the glass "hurricane" style glasses from our drinks of the days, from years ago. They sit on the bar and collect dust. I told hubby to please stop buying them, as I really hated trying to get them home in one piece. Several did not make it. (Just not enough room). So he started buying those shooter ones instead. .