$99 Upgrade from Obstructed to Baja Balcony

CA Dave

Good upgrade! We did that on the Star to Hawaii last November. B623. Loved it. Found the balcony to be about 25 sq. ft but fine for the 2 of us. Had 2 chairs and a table and was very comfy for the price!! Wishing for an upgrade offer on the Coral for August like that!! Keeping fingers crossed!

on the Star to Alaska. I've always had Caribe balconies because of the size. I know I will enjoy it but is it that much smaller?

DZ

Caribe is 9'x9' & Baja/Aloha 9'x5'...it's up to you if that's your definition of "that much smaller". ;)

I was upgraded to a Baja balcony recently on Star Princess. Would I have rather had a Caribe balcony? Sure, but the Baja balcony was just fine. More than enough room and since it rained a fair amount during the cruise, it was nice to have the shelter.

Good upgrade! We did that on the Star to Hawaii last November. B623. Loved it.

I was offered B623 but in the few seconds it took her to grab it it was gone! I'm further aft now but still loving it.

Thanks all.

DZ

Even though you don't really need a balcony in Alaska, when we were upgraded to one we really enjoyed being able to open the door several times a day and breathe in that fresh clean air.

Just got back a little over a week ago and in this summer heat I can still "feel" the fresh coolness. For that price I would go for it.

I know that Caribe balconies are very popular due to their size, but unless we're on a warm, sunny itinerary we prefer Baja balconies. On a warm itinerary we spend a lot of time out on our balcony especially breakfast most mornings so we book Caribe. But we usually prefer European itineraries and ta's are our favorites. The view out to sea from the cabin is not as open on Caribe as it is on the shallower balconies so for cooler itineraries we book Baja. We mark our booking for no upgrade and stay from the lower 600's aft which is where we are on our upcoming Ruby ta.

Edited by FritzG

Good upgrade! We did that on the Star to Hawaii last November. B623. Loved it. Found the balcony to be about 25 sq. ft but fine for the 2 of us. Had 2 chairs and a table and was very comfy for the price!! Wishing for an upgrade offer on the Coral for August like that!! Keeping fingers crossed!

Correction! 45 sq ft-not 25 as written above. Husband saw and informed me.

Congratulations on getting a good upsell offer. For that price, I would have jumped at it. We were lucky to be upgraded on our last Alaskan cruise from an obstructed view guarantee to a deluxe ocean view cabin on the Sapphire. Those cabins are at the front of the ship and have balconies without furniture due to the wind. It was a great location for viewing the glaciers.

Can someone tell me which is a bigger balcony on a minisuite or balcony on the coral, would like one covered. I was also thinking about a S6 suite but the only ones left are the dolphin decks and they aren't covered are they. Sorry, just haven't sailed princess that much (1) thanks

Baja is one of our favourite decks. Nice and quiet and, as we don't like to spend too much time in the sun, we like the covered balcony. We have had a Caribe balcony in the past so I've experienced the size difference, but I can't say the smaller size on Bajaaffects us.

I know that Caribe balconies are very popular due to their size, but unless we're on a warm, sunny itinerary we prefer Baja balconies. On a warm itinerary we spend a lot of time out on our balcony especially breakfast most mornings so we book Caribe. But we usually prefer European itineraries and ta's are our favorites. The view out to sea from the cabin is not as open on Caribe as it is on the shallower balconies so for cooler itineraries we book Baja. We mark our booking for no upgrade and stay from the lower 600's aft which is where we are on our upcoming Ruby ta.

All you have to do is move your balcony furniture to the uncovered portion closer to the rail. The view to the ocean will be the same.