Allure check-in

Just received a text message AND a recorded phone call about boarding this weekend. The text and message said that they are boarding by specific decks starting at 1:30! We are Emerald and can board at any time after 12:30 but our friends that we are traveling with are not and would have to wait for their deck to be called. I know they have been saying boarding begins at 12:30 on the Oasis/Allure the last few years but we have always been on board by 11:30!! Anyone know what's going on.....?

Thanks guys! I was just caught off guard by the text and phone call; thought something had changed:) Was kind of hoping it was the upgrade fairy calling but alas no....all good though because I sail in four days!!!!!

Our last sailing on Navigator was the first time we had received an email stating similar. We got there at our usual time around 10:20. We found they were not letting people into the terminal and had people queued outside. (In the past the line has always formed inside. )

When they decided to open the doors they called and pulled out all the D+ and pinnacle members from the line no matter where they were in the line. Everyone else had to wait outside. (And it was getting hot:eek:) we went straight in, but noticed the people coming in behind us were in small quantities at a time. As we were already inside, I can not say what was going on outside, or how they were controlling it, but given the number of people in line when we entered it certainly wasn't just opened up for everyone to enter as they pleased:confused:

Maybe a sign of things to come in the future?

Edited by Spurschick

I agree, show up when you usually would. Just be aware of the potential for a wait. Chances are you will board as usual also. But if you know that standing for a while, in the sun, is not in your repertoire of abilities or patience tolerance, consider waiting. FWIW, we got the same message when we sailed the Allure last November. All we did was take our time about leaving our hotel. Waited till the 11 am check out time, then taxi-ed over. Got right in line, and it was moving nicely.

Edited by Gayle V