My first upsell offer!!!

sportsmum

Ding! Went the mailbox. I got my first Upsell Offer ever! I have never booked with HAL direct before and I was hoping beyond hope that this would happen. My heart started beating faster - I knew I had limited time.

I let the baby (puppy) outside onto the pieces of sod on the deck (so she can go to the potty without doing stairs) knowing that she will eat and destroy them but who cares! I HAVE AN UPSELL OFFER! I ran downstairs to the computer that I can see it on (Laptop is finicky that way). I am so flippin' excited!

Upsell offer: from my VB (aft facing) to a guarantee SZ or SS for $349 cnd pp. I didn't believe that was such a hot offer so I logged onto HAL and did a dummy booking. Yep, I am such a lucky girl! The upsell would be about $20pp more than if I completed the dummy booking. The VB is at the same price as when I booked.

Still - I will wait for another ding........:)

haha! I'll keep hoping for one that is less than the current booking price! Fingers crossed!

I am guessing that I got a great price and the upsell is more appealing to those who did not. My TA told me that the price (in CND through HAL) was a good deal and she (in the USA) could only offer me the cabin at $500 more with $300 back in OBC. Still $200 more than the HAL site.

I always track the prices of any cruise that I book to ensure that any upsell that is offered is a bargain. Being an upsell does not necessarily mean that you will receive a great deal, as your example clearly illustrates. You could have gotten a better deal simply booking it yourself.

I got another upsell offer. Again, SOOO excited. Again, same offer as last week. Again, still would cost me around $40- $50 more per cabin than it would to pay the difference on HAL's website.

I used to do that with the kids and broccoli.... Continue to offer the same thing in hopes that someone would eat it!:D

Still my fingers are crossed for a dessert offer. And not a Tapioca Pudding one - definitely want a chocolate cake offer!

I got another upsell offer. Again, SOOO excited. Again, same offer as last week. Again, still would cost me around $40- $50 more per cabin than it would to pay the difference on HAL's website.

I used to do that with the kids and broccoli.... Continue to offer the same thing in hopes that someone would eat it!:D

Still my fingers are crossed for a dessert offer. And not a Tapioca Pudding one - definitely want a chocolate cake offer!

That's just dumb. I took an upsell of the westy in April on the 3rd go around. It was still VERY high. I hope something better comes your way.