Complimentary beverages with meals

tray98

Hello everyone,

This will be our first cruise, will be on the Getaway in August. I see there is a soda package you can purchase. If you want a pop with dinner or lunch is that complimentary or do you need to purchase it? Is the package just for other times during the day? If not, What drinks are complimentary in the dining rooms?

I thought they also had lemonade at dinner for some reason lol

Would it be weird to take your soda to the dinning room and ask just for a cup of ice ?

They serve lemonade in the buffet for free. It's of variable strength, but we quite like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dispensing machines in the buffet in the AM hours during breakfast dispense both orange juice, apple juice and for those with kidney stone problems cranberry juice. At other times, those machines are set to dispense lemonaide, iced tea and a couple of other things. Those items are available for free in the dining rooms.

Other than that, you pay for sodas unless you take the soda package and bear in mond in its continued contempt for its passengers and/or to save money, ncl has contracted out to serve pepsi products instead of the real thing (coke). Of course there are a few who think pepsi is better (very few) and a few who think it doesn't matter (very few) but the vast majority of people in taste tests and the like strongly prefer coke products (how many people you know ask for a rum and pepsi?)

I try to bring cans of coke zero cherry, my favorite, and put them in the fridge (when the cabin has one) and bring a can to meals. In the buffet, btw, there are ice and water dispensing machines as well as complimentary coffee and tea.

(My queston is whether iced team is really cheaper than soda)

I thought they also had lemonade at dinner for some reason lol

Would it be weird to take your soda to the dinning room and ask just for a cup of ice ?

Not at all weird. This is your cruise. The staff does not have any thoughts at all about you doing that.

Of course there are a few who think pepsi is better (very few) and a few who think it doesn't matter (very few) but the vast majority of people in taste tests and the like strongly prefer coke products (how many people you know ask for a rum and pepsi?)

I'm by no means an expert on this subject, not particularly liking either and being totally unable to taste the difference between them, but when I read this I immediately thought, based on what I have read, that your statement is incorrect.

Out of interest, I've just done a little bit of (admittedly unscientific) internet research, and couldn't find a single reference to any taste test where Coke beat Pepsi.

Do you have a link to anything?

Out of interest, I've just done a little bit of (admittedly unscientific) internet research, and couldn't find a single reference to any taste test where Coke beat Pepsi.

Do you have a link to anything?

You're both wrong: Dr. Pepper FTW! :p

Assuming you don't know in a particular establishment whether its preference is coke or pepsi, how many people walk in and ask for a rum and pepsi? Or a diet pepsi?

But at least NCL does not pull what the NY Mets did several years ago by making their drink of choice Royal Crown Cola. Now that's really scraping the bottom, eh.

Assuming you don't know in a particular establishment whether its preference is coke or pepsi, how many people walk in and ask for a rum and pepsi? Or a diet pepsi?

If I ever do buy it, I always ask for a coke, because that to me is what the drink is called, not the brand. It's nothing to do with preference.

Anyway, I am actually interested, do you have links to taste test results where coke comes out top? We know that more people drink coke, but you said that the vast majority of people chose coke in taste tests.

If you want something sugar free other then tea or water bring a box of crystal light sticks. Although I purchase the soda card I want non carbonated sometimes. I also discovered I love putting a crystal light stick in a club soda for a sparkling lemonade. Club soda would be included in a soda package.

If you want something sugar free other then tea or water bring a box of crystal light sticks. Although I purchase the soda card I want non carbonated sometimes. I also discovered I love putting a crystal light stick in a club soda for a sparkling lemonade. Club soda would be included in a soda package.

Have you tried the crystal light liquid mios? Idk if they are sugar free but they are my favorite

?? Does NCL have Dr. Pepper?? Some places its considered Pepsi others Coke

Dr. Pepper is independent from coke or Pepsi so it just depends on the company if they decide to get Dr. Pepper added. I think Dr pepper and Snapple are owned by same company

?? Does NCL have Dr. Pepper?? Some places its considered Pepsi others Coke

Nope they do not carry Dr. Pepper...I always bring on my own Diet Dr. Pepper!! And I have always asked for a glass of ice if I am in the main dining room.

I'm not an iced tea drinker but when I'm on a cruise, I get iced tea wth every lunch and dinner, and ask for lemon. It sure seems 'right' to be drinking iced tea and crusing! :)

I'm not a huge soda drinker but I do enjoy an occasional can of diet coke, caffeine free, since I should limit my caffeine intake. I bring a six pack of that on board with me.

Otherwise, I'm happy to drink iced tea (in limited amounts) or decaf coffee. There seems to always be something in the free drinks that works for me.

I think the little bottles of liquid Mios sound like a good idea. I'm going to bring those along for the next cruise in January for something different. They would be easy to throw in my beach bag and have on hand wherever I am.