Help with FTTF

lazycruzer

I am new to CCL, but have cruised. Went to book FTTF and it is now sold out. Was told a waitlist is not available. I have been checking availability daily, no change. We sail on 9/28/14. Is it normal for FTTF to open up closer to sailing?

Thanks for your input.

It is normal for more FTTF slots to open up. Here is how I was able to get a FTTF spot for my cruise. Email shoreexcursions@carnival.com When you do, provide them with the sail date, and ship name. Also booking number if possible. You will get an automated email stating they have had a lot of FTTF requests. You will be notified when more spots are to be opened up. Make sure to check your spam folders as well.

Periodically there will be more FTTF slots available. You gotta be quick, they sell fast. Just keep checking back daily like you have been and hopefully you'll get one. I contemplated getting it or not and missed the boat when it was originally available. Checked every day for a couple more weeks and 2 reservations popped up available.

Also when checking realize that they may open up a few at one point of the day and be quickly sold out. As not there in the morning, available in the afternoon, sold out by evening. I would recommend checking multiple times a day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It is normal for more FTTF slots to open up. Here is how I was able to get a FTTF spot for my cruise. Email shoreexcursions@carnival.com When you do, provide them with the sail date, and ship name. Also booking number if possible. You will get an automated email stating they have had a lot of FTTF requests. You will be notified when more spots are to be opened up. Make sure to check your spam folders as well.

I emailed as you suggested. Today I got response that 10 slots had opened. I grabbed 1. Thanks so very much for your suggestion.:D

FTTF became available for my cruise. I know I read on here you only need to buy the one for the entire cabin, but what really makes no sense is why you have to select one of the occupants. They haven't changed anything right? It's still just one for the entire cabin?

FTTF became available for my cruise. I know I read on here you only need to buy the one for the entire cabin, but what really makes no sense is why you have to select one of the occupants. They haven't changed anything right? It's still just one for the entire cabin?

That's correct - just one for the entire cabin.

If you have already printed your documents when you purchase FTTF don't forget to reprint so it will be on your boarding pass and luggage tags. It will magically appear on all S&S cards issued for your cabin.

Thanks!

We are in one cabin and the teen kids are in another one across the hall. I want to buy the FTTF but can I buy it for only my cabin? We will put all the carry ons in our room, none of our ports require a tender and both cabins will be on the same charge account. I can even have all the luggage delivered to my room if need be. I'm not trying to be cheap, ok maybe I am, but it will leave a FTTF open for someone else if I can just buy the one.

We are in one cabin and the teen kids are in another one across the hall. I want to buy the FTTF but can I buy it for only my cabin? We will put all the carry ons in our room, none of our ports require a tender and both cabins will be on the same charge account. I can even have all the luggage delivered to my room if need be. I'm not trying to be cheap, ok maybe I am, but it will leave a FTTF open for someone else if I can just buy the one.

if buying it just to drop stuff off in the room? you will be boarding first without your kids.. they will be going in a separated line.

From reading it sounds like they did away with the putting the charges all on the same card.