British Open 2015

cruzluvers

Does anyone know if Azamara will be offering a package on their Feb 19th cruise to purchase tickets for the British Open? I saw that they are offering a package for the cruise just before ours.

Hi Cruzlovers, what date is your sailing?? It can't be February as the ships are in South America & Asia. Let me know and I'll ask shorex department.

Hi ScotsAhoy, thanks for the great advice about just showing up :)

My husband & I will be in Edinburgh in August...first-timers! Can't wait...with the name Bonnie MacLaird I'm always mistaken as a Scot. My husband is the Scot-descendant though. His family came over many many generations ago. It'll be his first time too.

Hi Cruzlovers, what date is your sailing?? It can't be February as the ships are in South America & Asia. Let me know and I'll ask shorex department.

My husband & I will be in Edinburgh in August...first-timers! Can't wait...with the name Bonnie MacLaird I'm always mistaken as a Scot. My husband is the Scot-descendant though. His family came over many many generations ago. It'll be his first time too.

You are in for a real treat coming in August Bonnie. Edinburgh festival is on and the city is alive with plenty to see and do. I hope you enjoy our Scottish hospitality. :)

Does anyone know if Azamara will be offering a package on their Feb 19th cruise to purchase tickets for the British Open? I saw that they are offering a package for the cruise just before ours.

You can also buy tickets for the Open from theopen.com and different hospitality packages. It is a very nice website.

Kathy

We attended the 2013 British Open while on the Quest. We had tickets for Sunday....If we were to do this again we would opt for the Thursday or Friday round tickets for two reasons.....you will be able to see the entire field of golfers and there will still be British Open Merchandise in the shops.

We loved the whole experience...nothing like it if you are a golfer!

Edited by Granny DI

Hi Bonnie, Sorry about the mixup, (we are sailing in Feb to South America). We will be on the July 18th cruise starting in Edinburgh. Will appreciate any info about British Open golf packages being offered.

Hi Bonnie, Sorry about the mixup, (we are sailing in Feb to South America). We will be on the July 18th cruise starting in Edinburgh. Will appreciate any info about British Open golf packages being offered.

http://www.standrews2015open.com

Already a lot of packages are sold out but it also would be possible to buy tickets and put together your own package. Hotels and guest houses in St Andrews will already be booked out but if you are willing to travel from Edinburgh then this is very doable. Hope this helps.

Edited by lizboyle

http://www.standrews2015open.com

Already a lot of packages are sold out but it also would be possible to buy tickets and put together your own package. Hotels and guest houses in St Andrews will already be booked out but if you are willing to travel from Edinburgh then this is very doable. Hope this helps.

Liz is right, it is so easy to do your own, especially as you have plenty time given the times your ship is leaving. Scotrail the rail provider will in due course post details of their special train timetable to Leuchars (that is the station for St Andrews) They will have buses connecting to the trains included in your train ticket.

Be aware, if you go by private provider you may have to walk further as no buses are allowed into St Andrews, certainly last time in St A and at Muirfield last year the train buses picked up and dropped off closer to the entry gates than the private buses