HELP: Summit Special Event

bighairtexan

We're thinking of trying to organize a Ladies Only Wine Tasting w/ our roll call. I know it was organized ahead of time on our Equinox sailing. It was very well attended and very well presented. Sabring and all. Does anyone know the contact person for something like this on the Summit for next month?

Thanks

SB

We're thinking of trying to organize a Ladies Only Wine Tasting w/ our roll call. I know it was organized ahead of time on our Equinox sailing. It was very well attended and very well presented. Sabring and all. Does anyone know the contact person for something like this on the Summit for next month?

Thanks

SB

I tried doing a Martini Tasting in advance on our recent Summit ship and contacted the group coordinator. She said that she couldn't help us but she told me to contact the group coordinator who is taking care of the Meet & Mingle onboard. When we arrived on the ship, our invitation to the Meet & Mingle was in our cabin so I went to customer service and asked for the coordinator (her name was on the invitation) she promised me she would look into it and have some information for me the next day at the Meet & Mingle. Sure enough, she arrived at the Meet and Mingle and told us they would make the arrangements for us. We took names and it was that easy.. We did it on the last sea day home, it was lots of fun. Wine tasting might be even easier since the Martini Bar is pretty small we were only allowed 12 people at each tasting, so we had two but most hung around for both...

hmmmm thanks antsnanny. I may have to do just that if there is sufficient interest in the event. I know on a previous cruise (not Summit) it was arranged prior to boarding, but w/ only 1 sea day on the return end and 2 on the way to Bermuda, I'm hoping to do it the 2nd sea day. That way it won't interfere w/ packing. I'll get on it ASAP when I get on board.

hmmmm thanks antsnanny. I may have to do just that if there is sufficient interest in the event. I know on a previous cruise (not Summit) it was arranged prior to boarding, but w/ only 1 sea day on the return end and 2 on the way to Bermuda, I'm hoping to do it the 2nd sea day. That way it won't interfere w/ packing. I'll get on it ASAP when I get on board.

Good luck! If you ever find out how it was done in advance would you post it? I would love to know as It's much easier to have it all done in advance. What I did was post the idea on the roll call and there was lots of interest. I had a list of those interested and at the M&M I just asked those who signed up to leave me their cabin numbers so that I could notify them when I found out the date and time Celebrity could accommodate us. I told everyone to watch for messages on their phones and it worked out very well. We had a blast!

Sharon I would talk to Ashley the Captain's Club hostess once you board. While I doubt she is the one who would organize it, she is awesome and I know she would help point you in the right direction.

Your right, it was not Ashley, it was the group coordinator for the CC M&G who made the arrangements for us..

OK thanks LOIS. I know that last time we had it in Cellar Masters, and they did a great job. They did the sabering, the little cheese plates. Everything was all set up when we arrived. I was just hoping to arrange it ahead of time, but since it would be in Cellar Masters, that would probably be a good place to start if I can't get a contact ahead of time.

I know Celebrity isn't always easy to work when it comes to arranging events before embarkation. A friend in the Penthouse tried his darnedest to get a Sail Away arranged beforehand. He wound up having to wait until he was in the suite, and talked to the butler ASAP once he met him. I have to say the butler did a fantastic job w/ very little advance notice.

OK JUDY, you're on!! :D

TOM, too bad your friend Dmitri won't still be on the ship. He may have been a good source with whom to start.

TOM, too bad your friend Dmitri won't still be on the ship. He may have been a good source with whom to start.

I agree, I would have told you to just go talk to him if he would have been around. He was fantastic! He asked us what ships we are going on next so I'm hopeful we will see him again. Don't look now but we are turning into Larry!