bringing your own soda on board the breakaway?

dorito6778

this is ok? i dont drink enough to warrant a beverage package so a 12 pack for the week will be more than enough. are there rules about carrying it on or putting it with baggage? does it have to go one way or another?

this is ok? i dont drink enough to warrant a beverage package so a 12 pack for the week will be more than enough. are there rules about carrying it on or putting it with baggage? does it have to go one way or another?

You can carry it yourself, or usually be able to check it with a luggage tag with a porter. There have been a few occasions when a porter won't accept it as luggage. If you are only going to drink maybe a 12 pack, if the ship has your brand, you might want to just save the trouble of carrying it and buy singles on the ship. They are $2.25 a can.....

You can carry it yourself, or usually be able to check it with a luggage tag with a porter. There have been a few occasions when a porter won't accept it as luggage. If you are only going to drink maybe a 12 pack, if the ship has your brand, you might want to just save the trouble of carrying it and buy singles on the ship. They are $2.25 a can.....

Or I can spend $2.25 on a 12 pack at home. LOL. plus, we're local so bringing the 12 pack along wont be an issue (no flying and hunting one down locally once we arrive in NYC).

I actually brought a 12 pack on back in March, and basically spread out the cans into 2 suitcases. That, and I think I brought on a 6 pack of water. Of course the other reason is my wife really likes diet Fanta, so you can't get diet orange on Getaway (though you can on RCI ships!). :cool:

In NY the porters take the soda or water if it has a luggage tag on it and it gets delivered right to your room. No need to lug it around with you until your cabin is ready! I would suggest that if you bring soda that you reinforce the container with extra tape as they easily open up. Don't forget to tip your porter if you want it to arrive safely! Happy sailing!

We brought a 24 pack of bottled water and two six packs of bottled soda. We put it in a large duffel bag that had wheels. Gave it to the porter and it was in our room when we arrived. We of course tipped the porters anyway. Just make sure you have a luggage tag on it.

We used to take a case of pop along and that was actually too much. Now I just take enough along to get to the first port where I can replenish. But there is no problem taking soda or water on board.