Bringing alcohol on board

reigle4

I read in a review that Disney allows you to bring your own alcohol on board and not just bottles of wine. Is this true and if so how do you do it?

Yes you can in your carry on bag only, do not put it in checked luggage / suitcases, it must fit in the terminal x ray security scanner, it cannot be open and it cannot be drunk in public places, those are the rules but a few abuse it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

You can bring on any beverage you want to--alcohol, Diet Dr. Pepper, bottled water....whatever you wish.

As above, no coolers. MUST be in your carry on bags, not in checked luggage. The fine print is that anything you bring on board is for consumption in your cabin. Reality is that no one will question you carrying a glass of a beverage. People have gotten into trouble for taking a large quantity to the pool area. If you take a bottle of wine into any dining room, you are subject to a "corkage fee" whether they open it for you or not,

You can bring on any beverage you want to--alcohol' date=' Diet Dr. Pepper, bottled water....whatever you wish.

As above, no coolers. MUST be in your carry on bags, not in checked luggage. The fine print is that anything you bring on board is for consumption in your cabin. Reality is that no one will question you carrying a glass of a beverage. People have gotten into trouble for taking a large quantity to the pool area. If you take a bottle of wine into any dining room, you are subject to a "corkage fee" whether they open it for you or not,[/quote']

I remember the 2nd time I was on DCL and a lady had a 1.75 in her beach bag across the way and would openly pull it out and make their drinks. I was thinking what a ding dong - you are going to ruin the privilege.

I remember the 2nd time I was on DCL and a lady had a 1.75 in her beach bag across the way and would openly pull it out and make their drinks. I was thinking what a ding dong - you are going to ruin the privilege.

The guy at the pool had a huge "soft sided" cooler filled with his ice and his beer. Very shortly after that, He was also ...ummm...behaving badly. Shortly after that incident, DCL started to enforce the "no coolers" rule. Guess it is easier to enforce a rule at embarkation than to deal with an offender on board.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw some guys with these big travel coffee mugs out by the pool and i highly doubt there was coffee or water in them. But they werent being rowdy or rude. I think as long as you dont have a handle of Jack Daniels out by the pool and you mostly keep to yourself, no one is going to bother you.

I saw some guys with these big travel coffee mugs out by the pool and i highly doubt there was coffee or water in them. But they werent being rowdy or rude. I think as long as you dont have a handle of Jack Daniels out by the pool and you mostly keep to yourself, no one is going to bother you.

This is exactly the way it works in reality. It is more liberal than the written policy, so if they must, DCL can enforce the written rules.

In addition to bringing alcohol onboard in a carry-on bag at embarkation, you can also purchase alcohol in ports and bring it back to your stateroom when you return the ship. Other cruise lines make you check your alcohol and return it to you on the last day of your cruise, but Disney does not store guests' alcohol purchases.

In addition to bringing alcohol onboard in a carry-on bag at embarkation, you can also purchase alcohol in ports and bring it back to your stateroom when you return the ship. Other cruise lines make you check your alcohol and return it to you on the last day of your cruise, but Disney does not store guests' alcohol purchases.

True, but you must bring any purchases back to the ship yourself. DCL will not accept a delivery to the ship for a guest, while some other lines will. Many stores offer delivery of merchandise to the ship--DO NOT do this. DCL will decline the delivery and the store will take it back to their location.

Yes you can and we love it. We normally bring a bottle or two of rum on board with us and mix it with soda at the pool. We use resort mugs to mix our drinks. We have saved tons of money this way.

We are going on the Allure of the Seas at the end of the month and I'm not looking forward to paying for all of the drink that we drink by the pool.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I bring giant mugs to take advantage of the soda stations. They're pretty well insulated and will keep a long time. Lets you fill up once and go find a quiet spot (or take it back to your room/theater etc..). And you don't have to worry about spills.

... I think as long as you dont have a handle of Jack Daniels out by the pool and you mostly keep to yourself, no one is going to bother you.

Or do something else stupid like bring your bottle of vodka to the bar :) Just be discreet, and no problems.

Edited by mdvlprof

but Disney does not store guests' alcohol purchases.

Actually this is not 100% true. It is true for booze purchased off the boat in port. But if you buy a bottle on the ship they will hold it for you until the end of the cruise. We tried to buy some on board the Wonder in the shop on Route 66 and were told this so we decided not to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In 2 weeks we fly into San Juan for our cruise,and I was told it would be ok to put our alcohol in our checked baggage.We couldn't get it through when we went to Alaska when we brought it in our carryon,but were told it was ok to put it in our checked baggage.

In 2 weeks we fly into San Juan for our cruise,and I was told it would be ok to put our alcohol in our checked baggage.We couldn't get it through when we went to Alaska when we brought it in our carryon,but were told it was ok to put it in our checked baggage.

Was that from DCL on the phone or a TA?

If from DCL on the phone, I would call again so you speak to another GS CM and see what they say.

If they say yes, ask for that in an email for proof just in case it does get confiscated.

ex techie

I've seen the way they toss the bags around....just as bad as the airlines. Unless the bottles were packed in heavy foam, I wouldn't want to risk having them break and spill all over my clothes.

And I think that's the reason why the discourage people from putting it in their checked bags in the first place.

Hey there Diasy.

Rumors are fun and produce about 75% of the threads on forums! All it takes is a poster to say they heard a rumor or were told by a bus driver or serving staff CM and about 4 pages later it is discussed as fact!:rolleyes:...................

If we didn't have them many forums would end up shutting down.

AKK