Drinks package?

lovecruise22

Hi guys,

On the inclusive drinks package can you tell me if its any good? Can you use it all over ship? And do you still have to pay the 15% charge for any drinks you have?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMO it's an excellent deal. You can use it at any car or lounge including getting cones or tubs at the gelateria. There is no service charge if prebooked or prepaid. You only pay 15% if you wait and buy it onboard

Can you buy one drink package and share it among 2 people, or does each person need their own package?

Cheers

Len

I believe I understood that if you purchase the vouchers (not the unlimited packages) that you could share... any one disagree? Actually, the vouchers have nothing to do with the OPs questions... my apologies for adding complexities!

Edited by catydid

Vouchers can be shared as it is for a set number of drinks. You cannot share unlimited or all inclusive packages as they are per person and everyone on the same booking have to buy them (to prevent only paying for one person but sharing with others)

My mother sailed on MSC back in May and we sail again in October. She was told in May that if only one person in the cabin wanted the package, they would sell it to just an individual and that everyone else didn't have to purchase it. We have 9 booked all together in 3 cabins and not everyone wants the drink packages. I think it is a bit ridiculous to suggest that everyone needs it. I cant purchase one for my 19 year old son (who is in the cabin with my parents) without them having to purchase the alcohol package, which neither of them are in any way heavy drinkers that would drink enough to make that package a good deal.