Princess Ship In Background on Ford Commercial

islandatsea

I have been seeing this Ford Commercial while watching HULU.COM and around 12 to 13 seconds into the video, there is a Princess ship behind the Ford Escape when it is driving on the bridge or is my eyes playing a trick on me? Not sure where the ship was, maybe someone here at CC does.

Thought everyone would enjoy seeing it. Hope the link works.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7lzr/2014-ford-escape-se-summer-spectacular-sales-event-power

I've seen the commercial also. Looks like they are going over the Vincent Thomas bridge in San Pedro. I'm wondering if it is the Sapphire Princess. I don't see the whale tail on the back like the Golden Princess has. Just my guess!

I've seen the commercial also. Looks like they are going over the Vincent Thomas bridge in San Pedro. I'm wondering if it is the Sapphire Princess. I don't see the whale tail on the back like the Golden Princess has. Just my guess!
It is the Vincent Thomas Bridge. Most commercials are filmed in the LA area including this one. I believe that it is the Crown rather than the Sapphire. The profile above Skywalkers appears to be that of the Princess Links/Jogging Track on the Crown rather than the Sports Court on the Sapphire. It must had been filmed early in the morning after she arrived back in port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Looking at this, if this is in fact San Pedro than I think the only ship it really could be is the Crown Princess. If it was the Sapphire Princess it would have the "jet engine" structures on the stacks, which this one doesn't have. If it was the Grand Princess, it wouldn't have Skywalkers at all, which it does. Crown Princess is the only ship on the west coast that fits those criteria right now (at least until the Ruby comes across next year.)

It is the Vincent Thomas Bridge. Most commercials are filmed in the LA area including this one. I believe that it is the Crown rather than the Sapphire. The profile above Skywalkers appears to be that of the Princess Links/Jogging Track on the Crown rather than the Sports Court on the Sapphire. It must had been filmed early in the morning after she arrived back in port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Most Ford commercials are not filmed in the LA area.

Mike:)

I have been seeing this Ford Commercial while watching HULU.COM and around 12 to 13 seconds into the video, there is a Princess ship behind the Ford Escape when it is driving on the bridge or is my eyes playing a trick on me? Not sure where the ship was, maybe someone here at CC does.

Thought everyone would enjoy seeing it. Hope the link works.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7lzr/2014-ford-escape-se-summer-spectacular-sales-event-power

The new Ford commercial featuring the White Ford Fusion , the girl is my friends daughter. They live in California.

I was watching a re-run of NCIS-Los Angeles a few weeks ago and the episode's climactic scenes were filmed at what was obviously the port of San Pedro. There was a big ole Princess ship right there at the dock: it was either the Coral or the Island. I was so excited, I was bouncing up and down on my sofa. My gentleman friend was bemused by my enthusiasm (had we instead seen in the background the 17th hole at Pebble Beach, that would have thrilled him. . . .).

it is in fact the Crown Princess, which means the commercial had to have been filmed while the Crown was on the West Coast. It made its first visit to LA starting April 5 after sailing around the Horn. Then it sailed in and out of San Pedro for about a month until it headed North to do Alaska for the summer.

The new Ford commercial featuring the White Ford Fusion , the girl is my friends daughter. They live in California.

That is cool, she must an actress to be in a commercial :).

Thanks to everyone in pinpointing where the ship was docked at. I did not think it was in Florida.