Norwegian Is This A Scam?

Momofpuppy

Received a Cruise Check in the mail bearing NCL logo. It says I have 72 hours to call a number to receive a "Free Cruise" of 8 days and 7 nights for 2 adults with an approximate value of $1499.00. While it bears the NCL logo it does not say it is from NCL. it says it is sponsored by a company out of Florida and that Norwegian Cruise line is not a sponsor of this promotion. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it a scam?

Received a Cruise Check in the mail bearing NCL logo. It says I have 72 hours to call a number to receive a "Free Cruise" of 8 days and 7 nights for 2 adults with an approximate value of $1499.00. While it bears the NCL logo it does not say it is from NCL. it says it is sponsored by a company out of Florida and that Norwegian Cruise line is not a sponsor of this promotion. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it a scam?

Short answer is YES.

It is likely a timeshare sales pitch, where they make you attend some obnoxious presentation, and then give you an inside cabin during one of a few off-peak NCL itineraries.

And they might stiff you along the way.

Ignore.

Edited by pokerpro5

Short answer is YES.

It is likely a timeshare sales pitch, where they make you attend some obnoxious presentation, and then give you an inside cabin during one of a few off-peak NCL itineraries.

Ignore.

Pretty much this. As a rule, actual cruiselines don't randomly offer you free cruises out of the blue :)

Short answer is YES.

Ignore.

More lightly to be something like Celebration Cruise lines than NCL.

Short answer is YES.

Ignore.

I agree, there is a string somewhere.

I was called from some call center in FL before. They offered a cruise on "Caribbean cruise line" for taking a short, political survey. They assured that I will only have to pay government taxes and that's it.

In my career, every now and then I do get an offer to take a paid survey. Last one I took was $75, but lasted about 20 minutes. Nobody will give you a whole cruise for few questions.

The good old saying about free cheese in the mousetrap works here. But let me add another one. "If you are not buying the product, then you are the product"