Carnival or MIA's Shuttle from MIA to Port

Has anyone had any experience in taking either Miami International Airport's shuttle or Carnival's shuttle from Miami International Airport to the Port of Miami? We are a party of 5 with LOTS of luggage and looking for affordable transportation. Can anyone compare the two, especially if you've been on both before? I know you don't have to make reservations, but did you? Should we? If not, is it easy to figure out where to buy tickets? Are tickets readily available, or should we worry about being left without seats?

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MIA at 10:18 on August 21 for our cruise on the Valor departing the same day. TIA!

I would take a cab instead of doing either. Do the math. A shuttle is at least $12 a person. Carnival's transfers are $10 or $15 a person each way. With either, you will probably have to wait.

A cab is $21 so taking a cab it is cheaper and more convenient even if you need to take 2 cabs which you may not have to do since there are minivan cabs.

Outside the terminal there will be cabs and vans--look for a van to take you to the port. For flying--you are only allowed 2 pcs of luggage each and each weighs 50 pounds or less. so ya see, not much luggage at all.

I twill cost your a small fortune to take the cruiselines shuttle.

Archived