alcohol

ina16

have travelled on mostly thomson cuises where there was no problem on taking drink on to consume in your cabin, first time on royal caribbean, and have been reading that this is not permitted, if we had in in our case will it be confiscated? traveling from southhampton in october

have travelled on mostly thomson cuises where there was no problem on taking drink on to consume in your cabin, first time on royal caribbean, and have been reading that this is not permitted, if we had in in our case will it be confiscated? traveling from southhampton in october

I normally sail on Princess, have been on RCCL twice and on all of my cruises I have carried Rum Runners in my luggage filled with Captain Morgan and never had a problem. I have heard mention of the "naughty room" on RCCL where you have to go and collect your luggage if you are found to have liquor in there. I'm sure that others will have more experience with RCCL than myself and will also answer you also. Good luck!!

Best to check on the particular cruise line forum and read the T&Cs. Celebrity allows you to bring two bottles of wine per cabin at embarkation but does not agree with bringing any on once the cruise has started.

Must admit I like the way Thomson handles these things and also has a good drinks package deal as well as very goos entertainment They need better ships tho it may not matter much on Med cruises

Like Celebrity, Royal allows passengers to bring on 2 750 ml bottle of wine per cabin at embarkation.

They detected liquids in my luggage on our last cruise and had to make a visit to said room. :o They let me take my water up to our cabin. The older couple ahead of us with 2 very large bottles of vodka were not so lucky. :cool:

We're not long back from RCI in Southampton, and we took the allowed 2 bottles of wine with us. Their rules are stricter than Thomson/P&O and similar, thus we presumed their vigilance would also be stricter!