How safe is tampa

wato1963

Hi all, we are from the UK and we are sailing out of tampa on feb 7th 2015.We are staying the night before the cruise at the intercontinental tampa hotel.We were wondering is tampa safe to walk about at night,

Cheers

If you are looking for dinner the night before, Berns Steakhouse is my favorite restaurant. They are pricey, but that is my all time favorite restaurant. We have taken trips to Tampa just to go to dinner.

Hi all, we are from the UK and we are sailing out of tampa on feb 7th 2015.We are staying the night before the cruise at the intercontinental tampa hotel.We were wondering is tampa safe to walk about at night,

Cheers

As others have stated, it's a safe area. My GF and I spent the weekend in Tampa before a cruise, near the port at the Embassy Suites, and really enjoyed it. Riverside is a great area, and is beautiful at night for a walk along the water.

My GF went running both mornings, along the water. Never felt unsafe.

Tampa is a 'big city' and has its problems

it is safe to ride the trolley to YBOR city ... but don't try to WALK back . . . or two blocks outside of the 'entertainment' area

Famous Columbia rest' is in YBOR

Berns is not ....

enjoy US decadence and have steak at Berns . . .

http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

Edited by Capt_BJ

If you are looking for dinner the night before, Berns Steakhouse is my favorite restaurant. They are pricey, but that is my all time favorite restaurant. We have taken trips to Tampa just to go to dinner.

Berns Steakhouse is FANTASTIC. Yum! Yum!

LuLu

you are coming from afar so I'm going to expand

BERNS

not just a steakhouse ... this can be a full evening of entertainment

Besides the wonderful food (order one steak for two ... if the two want theirs cooked different, BERNS does that without cutting the steak ... well up to a point anyway)

Just ask and you can tour the kitchen

Just ask and you can tour the wine cellar ... a TRUE wine cellar and BERNS has possibly the LARGEST wine collection of any rest'rnt ANYWHERE. Much of their wine collection is held off site.

Make a reservation not only for dinner but also for the separate dessert room . . .

If you enjoy BERNS to the fullest, it is a 3 to 4 hour experience.

I can't wait to back . . . http://www.bernssteakhouse.com/

my first visit .. 1978

my last .. too long ago altho spousal unit went last week without me .. the scamp! Business trip my ***

Edited by Capt_BJ