Casey Pelter Freedom Oct??

We found him phoney and only interested in doing the big stuff where he could show off. Not one to interact with guests or get very involved in activities which weren't on a big stage.

Edited by Bobal

• 1 month later...

Had him on our end of August cruise. Frankly if I didn't happen to catch his morning show when I was flipping through channels to look for information about the latest news, I'd never know who he was or that we even had a CD. I've had Graham Seymour and Drew Devine (among others) and Casey would rank at the very bottom of the group.

Definitely not a CD who interacts with guests.

Just returned from a b2b on freedom and he joined on our second week. Didn't warm to him to be honest... the first cd was always with the em and they worked really well, second week he did the mkrning show on his own and wasn't a very 'visible' cd ungil showtime in the evening or walk for wishes.

Some folks seem to love him, some folks seem to hate him. I have to admit, I'm in the latter group. He was the CD on our Med cruise last Oct and I found him to be extremely annoying (especially his "morning show"). However, I loved his staff, so at least he must have been doing something right with them (or else, they just tried their best to be the opposite of him (aka - friendly, fun, down-to-earth, etc)....lol).

Melissa

Amazing what strong reactions he gets in both directions. I didn't "love" him or "hate" him. He was "OK" on the cruise I was on with him as the CD. Some things he did were genuinely funny, other times you could tell he was just going through the motions. He's not as smooth and professional as some of the best CDs RCCL has, but has his strong points as well, such as ad-libbing when he has to go off script.

It's a very tough job. Some CD's make it look easy, but that's only if they are very good. Imagine being on the go from early AM until late PM EVERY day for months on end, always having to be "ON", constantly dealing with the public everywhere you go, either in 1-on-1 settings or with a small group of people (many of whom probably have some petty complaint) or emceeing before a live audience of thousands of people, where your job is to get a theater full of hung over, sun-stroked, over-fed cruisers pumped up and energized for that evening's entertainment. Certainly not my cup of tea!

Had him as a CD on FOS a few weeks ago and thought he was one of the best we've had. Wife and kids loved him as well. And when do Mom, Dad, and two teenagers agree on anything? :D

I saw him all over the ship throughout the cruise-- even had a conversation with him one evening when he was walking through the promenade and I was sitting outside the Bull and Bear having a beer.

I found him funny, pleasant, energetic, and very approachable.

He's a good cd but a bit brash if you have any issues as he's a control freak and thinks he does no wrong

But great at what he does

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This seems a bit contradictory....at least to me. Is he great because he feels he does nothing wrong?.....if there is an issue, does he get it worked out.....what kind of thing, might be brought to him, that he might feel he did 'wrong'.