? Why Seabourn Legend Gap Aug 6 - Aug 15

frantic36

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Just looking at the Seabourn website it appears there is a gap after the July 25 - August 6th Baltic cruise and before my cruise which starts on August 15. Does anyone know if this is might be a charter or is it the same as what happened with Pride and Windstar has taken it to do some work at dry dock? Any thoughts?

Or have I read this completely wrong, if so I am happy to be corrected?

Julie

Julie,

I think the Spirit and Legend are both on charter in early August

My TA has a lady who charters and he has been invited on the sailing.

London is hot 28-30 this week

Thanks for that. I wondered as it was such a long time.

Please keep the warm weather going..........I am tired of the cold and rain here in Perth.:rolleyes:

There was a woman on our June Spirit cruise who said she had chartered the Spirt for part of August --- don't know about the Legend. I can tell you the charters are very difficult for the crew ---numerous crew members indicated to me that the charter before our cruise was a real pain---rude demanding passengers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

...numerous crew members indicated to me that the charter before our cruise was a real pain---rude demanding passengers

Too bad about that charter group. I guess it takes all kinds - I've been told the opposite by numerous crew members.

The examples I was told were a charter by a gay group (RSVP or Atlantis) and another one by a corporate Japanese group. In the former case, the guests were all lovely, fun-loving, polite, and friendly. The staff did not have to work hard, except for the bar staff. They brought on their own entertainment (drag queens and comedians, etc.) and their own CD, who would mock SB's own CD with hilarious, bitchy jokes. Sadly, SB's CD was no match in the wit department with their own CD.

As for the latter case, all the passengers were super polite and respectful - typical for Japanese. They promptly went to bed after dinner; few went to the shows or the bars. They did not demand anything, order off menu, or ask for substitutions, etc. (All atypical and frowned upon practices in Japan.) It was like a vacation for some of the staff. (On the other hand, they brought on an army of interpreters, who had to work hard and apparently were under pressure.)

Edited by sfvoyage