What ship will eventually replace Majesty?

Several crew onboard my recent Vision sailing stated Vision would be replacing Majesty starting in 2016.

Vision is most certainly the ship booked for Key West on the shipping agent port schedule on the Key West website. She is booked there until the end of 2017 actually.

http://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=caribenautical&PHPSESSID=b9df65d7f42c76d02b80fd1c7a3d0fa7

http://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/department/calendar.php

That said, about 3 weeks ago she showed up in Funchal, Malaga, Barcelona, Villefranche and Dubrovnik schedules where she appears throughout the summer of 2016 sailing from Venice.

As I stated in earlier posts, I wondered if maybe they changed their minds due to Splendour's connection to Brazil and having a Britto shop onboard and thus fitting a long-term home port at Miami better than Vision.

The cruise port schedule I looked at this morning (which I'm not allowed to name by forum rules) had Adventure in Southern Caribbean in April 2016 (not scheduled past mid April) and according to the Royal Caribbean website Splendour is doing a 16 Night Suez Canal Cruise to Venice in early April. That is most likely a repositioning cruise to get her in place for Mediterranean cruising. Granted she could continue on from there to replace Majesty but that wouldn't get her to Miami until mid May.

Hmmm.. ok, Splendour can leave Venice Apr 20 and reach Barcelona in 6 days on Apr 26 (I was on Voyager in 2011 6 day Barcelona to Venice with 4 ports). Then she can easily do a 10 day TA to Miami (2 or 3 ports in between like Funchal + Bermuda, 7 or 8 days at sea), so arrive in Miami Friday May 6, to start the 3/4 day Bahamas rotation.

Majesty's final cruise is April 29-May 2. A few days between sailings but that's not a big deal I would think. Could be feasible.

Also Radiance has the worst pool deck and pool size of any class. I'm willing to put my neck out and say there is a 0% chance of seeing a Radiance Class in Miami taking over for Majesty.

Agree - I won't even book a Radiance class ship for that exact reason. I could not find a chair even away from the pool, on a sea day, around 9:30 a.m. I am a sun/pool person and that pool deck is not even close to being large enough to accomodate warm weather cruises.

Agree - I won't even book a Radiance class ship for that exact reason. I could not find a chair even away from the pool, on a sea day, around 9:30 a.m. I am a sun/pool person and that pool deck is not even close to being large enough to accomodate warm weather cruises.

Same here.

Hmmm.. ok, Splendour can leave Venice Apr 20 and reach Barcelona in 6 days on Apr 26 (I was on Voyager in 2011 6 day Barcelona to Venice with 4 ports). Then she can easily do a 10 day TA to Miami (2 or 3 ports in between like Funchal + Bermuda, 7 or 8 days at sea), so arrive in Miami Friday May 6, to start the 3/4 day Bahamas rotation.

Majesty's final cruise is April 29-May 2. A few days between sailings but that's not a big deal I would think. Could be feasible.

Very true.

I still think that Enchantment will move to Miami and another ship will replace Enchantment in Port Canaveral. Maybe a Voyager class.

IF it's a Voyager Class, isn't Miami a better port to compete with both Carnival & NCL?

I don't think so. Port Canaveral is within driving distance to all of the southern states, prices are generally slightly higher than Miami, and Port Canaveral is growing tremendously. Not to mention the proximity to the theme parks of Central Florida.

I guess you were unaware of the Radiance class ship called Jewel, that does Southern Caribbean itineraries.......so clearly they do use a Radiance class ship for 'warm weather cruises'.

I guess you were unaware of the Radiance class ship called Jewel, that does Southern Caribbean itineraries.......so clearly they do use a Radiance class ship for 'warm weather cruises'.

She didn't say they don't use them for Caribbean.. they have on and off since they were released. She just said they are not well suited for it. And that's absolutely correct IMO. That's the reason we haven't done the Southern route yet, unfortunately the Adventure doesn't usually fit our schedule and I would do another Caribbean cruise on Jewel because of the tiny pool/laying out deck.

I may have said this before, so I'll say it again.

My gut, and no other source has said anything, is that it will be a Voyager class ship, with the most staterooms, and least amount of alternative restaurants.

Or maybe there is another ship out there, that might be available for Royal Caribbean to purchase, that is much newer than the Majesty, and can be "Royalized"!!:D:)

Rick

She didn't say they don't use them for Caribbean.. they have on and off since they were released. She just said they are not well suited for it. And that's absolutely correct IMO. That's the reason we haven't done the Southern route yet, unfortunately the Adventure doesn't usually fit our schedule and I would do another Caribbean cruise on Jewel because of the tiny pool/laying out deck.

They have sailed the S. Caribbean more than just 'on and off' since their release....Jewel has had a pretty steady run of the S. Caribbean, over the past years....and she must be doing a good job of it. We had a great time on her in the summer of 2013... finding poolside chairs after 9:30am can be a problem on any ship....it was on Allure during the summer of 2014, and last week on the Valentines Day sailing of Indy last week. Both of those ships have larger pool areas with more cruisers and the same old headache.

They have sailed the S. Caribbean more than just 'on and off' since their release....Jewel has had a pretty steady run of the S. Caribbean, over the past years....and she must be doing a good job of it. We had a great time on her in the summer of 2013... finding poolside chairs after 9:30am can be a problem on any ship....it was on Allure during the summer of 2014, and last week on the Valentines Day sailing of Indy last week. Both of those ships have larger pool areas with more cruisers and the same old headache.

Whatever you say...

Splendour is doing Mediterranean through November 2015 and then moves to Arabian Gulf through at least April 2016. At least so much as she is currently scheduled.

Isn't Splendour the ship that doesn't appear on any port schedule yet?

Interesting announcement from Royal, about the sale of Splendour --

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/03/02/royal-caribbean-splendour/24248521/

We won't be seeing her on the new deployment schedule, due out soon. Let the wondering continue -- I wonder if Her Majesty won't be retired.

When I was just on Indy, the Hotel Director indicated that there were conversations in the Home Office regarding an unclear future for Her Majesty.

The schedule cannot come out soon enough, for me!

I think it is interesting that they skipped legends which is older than splendor. I figured they would sell in order of age. Legend must have something worth hanging on to a bit longer. We are sailing on her in 17 days.

I think it is interesting that they skipped legends which is older than splendor. I figured they would sell in order of age. Legend must have something worth hanging on to a bit longer. We are sailing on her in 17 days.

Maybe it was more about what the buyer wanted, than what the seller wanted.

There are rumors of Legend and the Chinese market venture... So perhaps that is part of it.

I don't think so. Port Canaveral is within driving distance to all of the southern states, prices are generally slightly higher than Miami, and Port Canaveral is growing tremendously. Not to mention the proximity to the theme parks of Central Florida.

Miami 3/4 day currently runs with a larger passenger capacity than port canaveral. Pricing is generally the same. Why do you think this would change?

My gut, and no other source has said anything, is that it will be a Voyager class ship, with the most staterooms, and least amount of alternative restaurants.

Or maybe there is another ship out there, that might be available for Royal Caribbean to purchase, that is much newer than the Majesty, and can be "Royalized"!!:D:)

Rick

I would so love to know what you know ;):cool:

You are obviously pointing at Adventure... and I agree.

I posted the following on the 2016-2017 deployment thread... by all the great sleuthers there looking at port schedules around the world, and now that Splendour is announced to also be gone, here's a summary:

"So with seemingly almost all ships "spoken for" Miami is down to these 4 choices: Grandeur, Enchantment, Adventure or nothing.

Baltimore - really doubt they are abandoned. Only Eos and GoS can fit under the bridge, and again I really doubt they bring back EoS after moving her out of there for PC. So Baltimore I really feel is Grandeur again as a lock.

Miami - A lock for one choice is EoS for sure at either PC or Miami. Now what about the final choice? It's either Adventure or nothing!!!!! And now all we'd need to know is which itinerary makes more money for Goldstein: Bahamas 3/4 or Europe itineraries? Answer this question and we'll know where the ship is going."

I would so love to know what you know ;):cool:

You are obviously pointing at Adventure... and I agree.

I posted the following on the 2016-2017 deployment thread... by all the great sleuthers there looking at port schedules around the world, and now that Splendour is announced to also be gone, here's a summary:

"So with seemingly almost all ships "spoken for" Miami is down to these 4 choices: Grandeur, Enchantment, Adventure or nothing.

Baltimore - really doubt they are abandoned. Only Eos and GoS can fit under the bridge, and again I really doubt they bring back EoS after moving her out of there for PC. So Baltimore I really feel is Grandeur again as a lock.

Miami - A lock for one choice is EoS for sure at either PC or Miami. Now what about the final choice? It's either Adventure or nothing!!!!! And now all we'd need to know is which itinerary makes more money for Goldstein: Bahamas 3/4 or Europe itineraries? Answer this question and we'll know where the ship is going."

Grandeur is showing up in the st. marten schedule. Adventure and Enchantment appear to be the only contenders .

Grandeur is showing up in the st. marten schedule. Adventure and Enchantment appear to be the only contenders .

Yep.

• Grandeur will stay in Baltimore imo
  • Enchantment will continue the 3/4 runs in either PC or Miami
  • The only ship left in the entire fleet not spoken for in port schedules around the world seems to be Adventure.

So it's either Adventure, or RCI abandons Miami altogether, or they pull out a real huge surprise out of their hat in a few weeks (especially if Bermuda confirms no dredging and Anthem is pulled out of Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!! Adventure could go to Bayonne so that they can do Bermuda runs rather than allow Anthem to do weekly 7 day constantly deeply discounted trips to PC/Nassau & Cococay). I think this Bermuda non-dredging issue could be a really big deal again this year that could cause a ripple effect with various ships being deployed where we're not expecting them to be.

Yep.

• The only ship left in the entire fleet not spoken for in port schedules around the world seems to be Adventure.

So it's either Adventure, or RCI abandons Miami altogether, or they pull out a real huge surprise out of their hat in a few weeks (especially if Bermuda confirms no dredging and Anthem is pulled out of Bayonne!!!!!!!!!!! Adventure could go to Bayonne so that they can do Bermuda runs rather than allow Anthem to do weekly 7 day constantly deeply discounted trips to PC/Nassau & Cococay). I think this Bermuda non-dredging issue could be a really big deal again this year that could cause a ripple effect with various ships being deployed where we're not expecting them to be.

Very interesting observations and good points. With respect to your last point regarding Bermuda and possible non-dreging, do you think that may have something to do with another rumor about Anthem and Ovation sailing out of SouthHampton? I think one of the article mentions Quantum which may have been an error since she will be in China.

Very interesting observations and good points. With respect to your last point regarding Bermuda and possible non-dreging, do you think that may have something to do with another rumor about Anthem and Ovation sailing out of SouthHampton? I think one of the article mentions Quantum which may have been an error since she will be in China.

Maybe, just maybe, if Bermuda screws things up RCI does in fact keep both Q Class ships in cold weather ports (UK) sending one to the Baltics in place of Brilliance, and maybe bringing Brilliance to another cold weather port to fit in Bermuda, Bayonne, in place of Anthem!!!! Interesting! But then how does RCI compete with the NCL mega ships doing the Bermuda runs? Lots of questions... no answers :p

But let's keep this thread on Majesty :)

p.s. rubbrick has posted several times re: a Voyager Class ship in Miami over the last couple of months or so. I would really like to know what he knows ... or who he knows ;)

Rick

Several years ago, a little after the retirement of Monarch, when we were on Her Majesty, it was mentioned by the Captain that when Her Majesty was retired he expected a Voyager class ship (specifically Navigator) to replace her.

I keep hoping that is true. Now with the most recent news of another ship leaving the fleet, Splendour (at the same time as Her Majesty), Royal has more than one ship on its itineraries to replace. Yes, new Royal ships are coming out and Harmony co-incidentally debuts in April 2016.

I personally can't imagine Royal buying a ship from another company and trying to "Royalize" it, as you mention.

But in no way do I expect Royal to abandon a lucrative cruise market such as Miami, as others think is possible.

Yep.

•  

I think RC will abandon PC before Miami IMO . If anything maybe enchantment will come down.