Compulsory change of cabin during a cruise

bobstheboy

I have just read on a competitors forum that passengers were made to change cabin , on board MSC Opera during a cruise. They had booked a late deal and had to move cabins to allow other passengers to occupy it. They were not informed of this requirement before the cruise and I have cruised many times on late deals and never experienced it or heard of it.

Anyone know of this practice by MSC ?

It is written in the conditions of sale somewhere at the back of the brochure (Belgian edition), my TA told me that this could happen but the chances are almost none. You are 'supposed' to read the conditions.:o

John

I have just read on a competitors forum that passengers were made to change cabin , on board MSC Opera during a cruise. They had booked a late deal and had to move cabins to allow other passengers to occupy it. They were not informed of this requirement before the cruise and I have cruised many times on late deals and never experienced it or heard of it.

I could this happening with MSC. They have more than one embarkation port during a cruise in the Med (Costa is similar)

It is written in the conditions of sale somewhere at the back of the brochure (Belgian edition), my TA told me that this could happen but the chances are almost none. You are 'supposed' to read the conditions.:o

John

I ask a question, but then again I was "Supposed" to read the conditions, my bad. Sarcastic replies were not required thank you.

Just read the review in question. Seems they got an upgrade......but a bit unclear on why there was a cabin move.

Never heard of anyone being forced to move during a cruise unless as others have suggested it was a B2B where the same cabin was not available for both segments. Only other reason would be something going wrong with the original cabin, necessitating a move or a passenger having a hissy fit and demanding a move. Certainly never encountered anyone speaking of a compulsory move during their cruise in the5+ months I've spent onboard MSC ships. Maybe there was a glitch with a late booking resulting in a double booking.

It is possible to have a change in cabin assignment right up until embarkation. They have to give you same category or higher. Some folk are happy with this as they get an upgrade. A reason for a change up until embarkation could be where a couple have booked a quad and then MSC get 3 or 4 people wanting to book a quad. If the have a similar or higher category cabin that only holds 2, they may switch the couple to allow them to take the additional booking to maximise occupancy. I would think other lines may do something similar.

I ask a question, but then again I was "Supposed" to read the conditions, my bad. Sarcastic replies were not required thank you.

It wasn't meant that way, sorry if you felt it so.

Who read those small lines in the back of those brochures, nobody!! That is what I really wanted to say.

Edited by JK300

Must be a good reason for this. Not enough info.

....although they probably do not have to give you a warning because it is covered in the fine print of your contract...

Once we were allowed to book a 'family' cabin (was a balcony catagory but held more than 2) and once handicapped even thought there were only the 2 of us & we are not handicapped.

Your original cabin might have been given to someone who could have utilized it better.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure how many wade through any of the contractual conditions...besides you often get that information after the fact...additionally there are many contracts in this world parts of which cannot be enforced...businesses add all sorts of things to convince you you had enforceable conditions...and lastly the cruise lines have to worry about how potential passengers see some of these things (once it becomes well known).

i'm not sure how many wade through any of the contractual conditions...besides you often get that information after the fact...additionally there are many contracts in this world parts of which cannot be enforced...businesses add all sorts of things to convince you you had enforceable conditions...and lastly the cruise lines have to worry about how potential passengers see some of these things (once it becomes well known).

huh ????