July 5, 2014 $300 pp 120-91 days before commencing travel

Aug.4, 2014 60% of gross fare 90-76 days

Aug. 19, 2014 100% gross fare 75 days or less

the requirements are less for shorter cruises:

75-57 days before departure: deposit

56-29...50% of gross fare

28-16...75%

15 days or less...100%

So it does vary by cruise length...info found in the cruise catalog under "details, details"

Karen

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
There is a new "sale" on HAL's site - called "Seas the Day", with extra OBC. Our cruise is on it, but as we are now in the penalty phase, I imagine it's for new bookings only. Boo!

What do you mean by penalty phase. Also this promo is not showing on our screen for Holland america. Is it just for some areas? We are in Toronto, Ont area and have a cruise booked for 14 days to Western and .eastern Csrribean in Jan 2015. Am I missing this promo because it is not showing on HAL website for us?

What do you mean by penalty phase. Also this promo is not showing on our screen for Holland america. Is it just for some areas? We are in Toronto, Ont area and have a cruise booked for 14 days to Western and .eastern Csrribean in Jan 2015. Am I missing this promo because it is not showing on HAL website for us?

I think that promo was only on for a short time - a week or so. I should have put a date in my post. Sorry. Penalty phase is usually after final payment - you're more or less locked in with what you have, although sometimes, I think, people have said they have been able to get a bit of OBC or an upgrade/upsell. Actually, for us, the "penalty phase" started before final payment, as it is a 42-day cruise.

We had a promo come on right after we booked and paid in full for our

cruise - so we phoned our Ta to see if she could do anything about the

promo - she said no, nothing could be done. I emailed HAL to ask them about this and they seemed to indicate that it was the Travel Agency itself that would not adjust the price and since it was a contract between them and HAL there was nothing they could do about it. WE are thinking of going elsewhere for our bookings from now on.

Recently used this promo to book Oct 15 Venice to Barcelona 12 n on Nieuw Amsterdam. No OBC for inside cabin received but a price drop from $ 1900 to $ 1200 for a guarantee inside cabin. Previously could never find a decent price for this cruise. Sometimes pays to wait, sometimes not.

Booked long time ago Oct 27 repo cruise from Barcelona to Florida on Celebrity Equinox at $ 900 for inside cabin. Price never went down and eventually doubled and almost sold out.

I've given up trying to figure out cruise pricing. You just never know

I received this promotion about a week ago and just now another email about it. Now the deal time has been extended another week, plus the fare on my 11 day cruise dropped another $200 per person (to $1699 vs the regular price of $2099 on the website currently).

Go figure.

DaveOKC

Didn't receive the previous Seas the Day promo but today we received the latest edition of it that is good until September 3.

Some good pricing for soon-to-sail cruises with OBC.

Can you send me the promo. I have not received it and I do not seem to be able to get it on my screen. Is it just for a certain area of country? I live in Ontario and my web site is not showing this promo at all. Our cruise is in January 2015.

Can you send me the promo. I have not received it and I do not seem to be able to get it on my screen. Is it just for a certain area of country? I live in Ontario and my web site is not showing this promo at all. Our cruise is in January 2015.

I think it is tied to your account, as I have to put in my Mariner account number to see the lower fare.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC