Cabin Switching Dilemma WWYD?

troncofam5

We will be first time cruisers this coming winter on a NCL caribbean cruise. In fact, our whole extended family is going, thanks to the generosity of a couple of newly married family members (this is their "wedding").

My lovely cousin booked a bunch of rooms together through her travel agent. Unfortunately, not everyone was assigned to the correct rooms. For example, a couple of grandparents were supposed to be in the adjoining balcony room to their children/grandchildren. Instead, they were put next to aunts and uncles. Just a few mistakes, but definitely inconvenient ones. My cousin asked the travel agent to fix this, but he claimed there would be a fee and/or risk of losing the rooms altogether.

We have been told that NCL doesn't really care which room we are in, but, of course, we'll all need to link our credit cards to the correct rooms. My cousin can't pay for EVERYTHING. :)

I spoke to NCL and they said there was a risk of losing the rooms if we switch right now, since they have to release the rooms before rebooking them. Apparently, it's possible someone could book these cabins in that short time. NCL's recommendation was to board as usual and then go to guest services to switch rooms. We are worried this will be time consuming and confusing. Would it also be possible to just check in to the room you were originally assigned (since they don't care where we sleep), but then link your credit card to the room you are actually using??

I'm really confused by this whole thing, especially as it's my first time cruising and I don't get the ins and outs of the room charges. Anyone been through this? What would you do?

Thanks!

Beth

Follow what NCL suggests. Not a big deal to get done once you are on board. Just go prepared with a list of who is in what room so they can issue new room cards. The room cards are also your charge card while on board and will link to your credit card.

Have a great cruise!

We will be first time cruisers this coming winter on a NCL caribbean cruise. In fact, our whole extended family is going, thanks to the generosity of a couple of newly married family members (this is their "wedding").

My lovely cousin booked a bunch of rooms together through her travel agent. Unfortunately, not everyone was assigned to the correct rooms. For example, a couple of grandparents were supposed to be in the adjoining balcony room to their children/grandchildren. Instead, they were put next to aunts and uncles. Just a few mistakes, but definitely inconvenient ones. My cousin asked the travel agent to fix this, but he claimed there would be a fee and/or risk of losing the rooms altogether.

We have been told that NCL doesn't really care which room we are in, but, of course, we'll all need to link our credit cards to the correct rooms. My cousin can't pay for EVERYTHING. :)

I spoke to NCL and they said there was a risk of losing the rooms if we switch right now, since they have to release the rooms before rebooking them. Apparently, it's possible someone could book these cabins in that short time. NCL's recommendation was to board as usual and then go to guest services to switch rooms. We are worried this will be time consuming and confusing. Would it also be possible to just check in to the room you were originally assigned (since they don't care where we sleep), but then link your credit card to the room you are actually using??

I'm really confused by this whole thing, especially as it's my first time cruising and I don't get the ins and outs of the room charges. Anyone been through this? What would you do?

Thanks!

Beth

Who put the people in the wrong rooms? If it was the TA, then I think the TA should be the one to fix the error and they should eat the fees.

If what you gave the TA was correct; who's in what room and so on, and the TA did do that and NCL messed up, I'd probably just let it lie. It's true that once onboard you can "fix" who's in what room by just switching and getting new room key cards (generally these will not have charging privileges, only unlocks the door). You can set up what cards have what credit card attached to them when you check in at the port.

Follow what NCL suggests. Not a big deal to get done once you are on board. Just go prepared with a list of who is in what room so they can issue new room cards. The room cards are also your charge card while on board and will link to your credit card.

Have a great cruise!

Agree completely.

Scott & Karen

The credit card holder paying for the room, needs to have the Seapass for that room. (or whatever it is called on your cruise line) It is your room key, how you pay for drinks or anything extra you buy on the ship. It gets you off and on the ship, it is your "magic card". :D

It won't be difficult to workout once every one is onboard. :)

I have never heard of a fee for changing. The travel agent...if you made your preferences clear.......... probably did it wrong in the first place. Your best bet at this point is to wait til you board the ship and have the changes made at guest services. It should not be difficult.

Have a great trip.