MickeyMed 12 Night Cruise

DISNEY FANTASY

I am still going through my pictures and I sure hope I took one that doesn't have a pole in it. :rotfl:

It's very hard not go get a pole in that view, or someone there getting food.

Villefrance, France.

14758786688_4676e1c4c6_b.jpg

MickeyMed extra1 191 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

And out a bit.

14945054542_a53c1bf850_b.jpg

MickeyMed extra1 190 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

And the tender port and the rsilway station.

14758742900_ccf9e352b2_b.jpg

MickeyMed extra1 188 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

14758791138_3101c6e545_b.jpg

MickeyMed extra1 184 by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

Far more on the link in the signature line from 12 nights on a Med cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to help DF along with his daily bumping of his thread and a link that actually works to his blog:

Bumping

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

http://mickeymed.blogspot.co.uk

ex techie

Thank you to HOST Ex Techie for saying such nice things about my thread and my trip report, I am very glad you enjoyed it so much, and thank you for bumping it up again,

PS When I look at the thread as Ex Techie is on my ignore list I have the luxury of not seeing his posts, however for some reason on subscribed threads I do see an extract of the post highlighted, So thanks agin for the warm comments I might unignore you soon. So far circa 100,000 people have viewed my blog so I do not need to bump it up, I have had many very very very nice responses particularly on another board and it's helped many people get an insight to the reimaginedMagic and a Med cruise, it would be great if everyone here was positive here and contributed to people who are planning to cruise DCL in the future rather than the odd person who only can make negative comments and not actively contribute to the community.

The information on my trip report is up to date and from this month, so people haven't cruised DCL for three years but still post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

DISNEY FANTASY, don't give up too quick. Just ignore the haters.

Believe me, I know what you are going through. I am the punching bag on a forum on Cruise Critic and have also thought about leaving. But, then I realize that if I do, the bullies have won. I a big boy and can give it back. Then the go crying to the moderator and say "See what soccer said" and since the moderator is their friend, my post gets deleted. But I know that I was right and they read what I wrote, so they got the message I was sending to them.

Keep in mind that only a few posters have sailed in the Disney Cruise Line suites like you have and that your advice and information can be invaluable to many.

Unfortunately, that might bring out jealousy in some posters as well. Hopefully you can take the good with the bad as they don't really matter much any way when they are coming at you with that as their motivating factor.

It is sad that some posters on the Cruise Critic forums are downright mean and actually have friends that join in on their boorish behavior. Unfortunately, not everyone is a charm school graduate on Cruise Critic. But there are actually many other nice people on the forums.

I don't know what else to say, except don't give up posting and being part of the Disney Cruise Line forum.

soccer

Believe me though, he doesn't write about the suites like they do on the Holland America forum.

On the Holland America forum someone asks about a $249.00 inside cabin on 3 or 4 day cruise and the response by a number of posters say that they are taking a 30 day or more cruise in a Neptune or Penthouse suite and feel that they have helped the person inquiring about Holland America. This is pretty much a daily occurance.

Since Disney Cruise Line has very few suites and not many posters have sailed in them like DISNEY FANTASY has, actually his advice for those considering our one, it is probably helpful.

In general, the Disney Cruise Line forum is a nice place to hang out. Maybe we all just need to sometimes agree to disagree on some things. We aren't going to be able to change each others mind.

I hope we all can get along and enjoy our Disney Cruise Line trips.

soccer

I don't usually like to post this, but I've sailed in Disney's suites far more than Disney Fantasy has, but I don't like to advertise it, I don't post my number of cruises or stateroom levels in my signature....I'd rather I just add some info when I can, and not let people think that just because I could pay for (or charge on a credit card) a suite, that I am somehow better than everyone else. For example...making an announcement that the president of Disney Cruise Line is in the room next door. Maybe the man didn't want people to know that!! I could tell people how many times I've had private meetings on the Bridge with the Captains....or sat and chatted with a previous president of DCL....but what's the point??? I don't want to make people feel bad, if they can't or don't experience the same level of opportunities.

And by the way....as far as being a punching bag.....Disney Fantasy was the first one on here to post a nasty picture. If he truly wanted to ignore someone, then ignore it he should.

Edited by MizDaisy

I don't usually like to post this, but I've sailed in Disney's suites far more than Disney Fantasy has, but I don't like to advertise it, I don't post my number of cruises or stateroom levels in my signature....I'd rather I just add some info when I can, and not let people think that just because I could pay for (or charge on a credit card) a suite, that I am somehow better than everyone else. For example...making an announcement that the president of Disney Cruise Line is in the room next door. Maybe the man didn't want people to know that!! I could tell people how many times I've had private meetings on the Bridge with the Captains....or sat and chatted with a previous president of DCL....but what's the point??? I don't want to make people feel bad, if they can't or don't experience the same level of opportunities.

And by the way....as far as being a punching bag.....Disney Fantasy was the first one on here to post a nasty picture. If he truly wanted to ignore someone, then ignore it he should.

In DISNEY FANTASY defense, so many posters on Cruise Critic post all their cruises and Elite status.

Like you, I choose not to do it. But it doesn't bother me too much if someone does.

I also don't brag too much about things and I agree with your point in general. However, I don't think DISNEY FANTASY is bragging, I think he is trying to inform. I probably won't be able to change your mind on that though.

Hopefully, we can all get along even though we disagree on things.

soccer

In DISNEY FANTASY defense, so many posters on Cruise Critic post all their cruises and Elite status.

Like you, I choose not to do it. But it doesn't bother me too much if someone does.

I also don't brag too much about things and I agree with your point in general. However, I don't think DISNEY FANTASY is bragging, I think he is trying to inform. I probably won't be able to change your mind on that though.

Hopefully, we can all get along even though we disagree on things.

soccer

So what value does adding the title and name of the President of DCL add to a post?

Most would just say someone from DCL Senior Management was in the Stateroom next door or near by.

I was able to have a chat with them and express my views in a very nice meeting which i greatly appreciated.

But.

Long story, but tonight he knocked on my stateroom door we had a conversation for maybe up to an hour, he is such a gentleman. It was a real honour to speak to him and for him to take interest in things that are important. He said it's all about relationship building, we had a quite deep conversation covering a lot of things. Privilege to speak to him.
I am posting live I will write CEO as everyone will know what that means! I will not write a full title when I want to enjoy myself Anyone would know that.
He really is such a very very nice man.

It's funny how it was all set up.

I posted on my Facebook and blog that he was next door, my TA saw it and messages me and said " say hello" he is a very nice guy, well I messages my TA and said I can't do that he is the CEO and he is working, ( bar Mykonos day).

I put in a joke to my TA in correspondence to/ fro, tell him we are sorry if we are making too much noise.

Well my TA who has clout with DCL and is close friends with him, clearly contacted him and said my family was next door.

We came back from Rome at 4.40 I went to get a drink at the self service station and came back to Karl knocking on my stateroom door, he knew all about us and said jokingly you haven't made any noise.

We then spoke with concierge joining us till just before 6 pm,

He is a warm witty, nice and approachable guy, a highlight in my cruise so far, we had such a wide ranging discussion from European travellers, the ships itineraries, Alaska, Internet forums and people not posting correct information on them, and service and other cruise lines, " if" there is a change to castaway club rules on shore trips it could be down to me!

Not reveal who they were, not discuss what was spoken about.

That was private between the two of them. And that they met at all.

It wasn't a PR exercise for Karl, a private meeting, not an interview.

How about a little discretion, and politeness towards the other party.

Please still tell me that he is not bragging and I'm missing something?

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

Sorry, but speculation and guessing has no part here. The point of the boards is CORRECT information--at least correct at the time the poster cruised. Sometimes it helps to note when that was and/or which ship it was.

Some people here DO brag and when you call them on it they suddenly insist that once they even slummed in an inside cabin. Funny how that isn't mentioned until you call them on "always" cruising in suites.

Some of us have cruised with many celebrities (usually on the special cruises)...some feel the need to drop names, others find it more appropriate to preserve a fellow guest's privacy.''

People who indulge in speculation and bragging are making targets of themselves. Same for people who post mis-information...."adults can't sleep on bunks." Per DCL, anyone who weighs less than 220 pounds can sleep on a top bunk. You make a wrong statement, you'll get corrected....whether that wrong statement was made in ignorance or out of some odd need to post regardless of accuracy.

I do realize that we don't share facial expressions, etc. here and sometimes words come across more harshly than desired. But flat out ugliness has no place here.

All just my opinions.

Sorry' date=' but speculation and guessing has no part here. The point of the boards is CORRECT information--at least correct at the time the poster cruised. Sometimes it helps to note when that was and/or which ship it was.

Some people here DO brag and when you call them on it they suddenly insist that once they even slummed in an inside cabin. Funny how that isn't mentioned until you call them on "always" cruising in suites.

Some of us have cruised with many celebrities (usually on the special cruises)...some feel the need to drop names, others find it more appropriate to preserve a fellow guest's privacy.''

People who indulge in speculation and bragging are making targets of themselves. Same for people who post mis-information...."adults can't sleep on bunks." Per DCL, anyone who weighs less than 220 pounds can sleep on a top bunk. You make a wrong statement, you'll get corrected....whether that wrong statement was made in ignorance or out of some odd need to post regardless of accuracy.

I do realize that we don't share facial expressions, etc. here and sometimes words come across more harshly than desired. But flat out ugliness has no place here.

All just my opinions.[/quote']

This was very thoughtful, and very well said. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Sorry' date=' but speculation and guessing has no part here. [/quote']

Speculation will always be a part of the Cruise Critic boards and that will never change. Speculation is not always helpful or appropriate but there is a time and place for it. Whenever there is a new ship in the works or a refurbishment planned, there is always going to be speculation on what features and amenities may be included, not included, or changed. That is just human nature and sometimes speculation can be fun and interesting given the right circumstances.

Speculation will always be a part of the Cruise Critic boards and that will never change. Speculation is not always helpful or appropriate but there is a time and place for it. Whenever there is a new ship in the works or a refurbishment planned, there is always going to be speculation on what features and amenities may be included, not included, or changed. That is just human nature and sometimes speculation can be fun and interesting given the right circumstances.

True. But speculating and passing it off as fact isn't a good thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Speculating on new ships, new seasons, dry dock enhancements that is presented as speculation is fine. Presenting what a poster conjured up in his or her mind as if one had some sort of insider information is not a good thing. The difference is in the presentation--speculation needs to be clearly stated as what someone thinks/hopes for/ whatever, not as fact. Something told to poster by a CM--again, state that..."an officer on the Wonder told me....." Easy and no confusion as to truth vs. rumor or speculation.

FYI, info from a CM is rumor.

Edited by moki'smommy

Sorry' date=' but speculation and guessing has no part here. The point of the boards is CORRECT information--at least correct at the time the poster cruised. Sometimes it helps to note when that was and/or which ship it was.

All just my opinions.[/quote']

Excellent post that sums up the feelings of many on this board and on another Disney cruise related board.