Is there anyone on the Golden now?

atdahop

If someone is on the Golden now I would appreciate some cabin help with a future booking. It is a location question.

Thanks,

Carole

Carole...I will be on the Golden on Aug 2...I will be glad to check a location for you.

Arlene

This may sound nuts but I wonder if Cabin D-628 has a bed that while sleeping your feet are at the end of the bed going forward. If I am not making myself clear, I want to sleep like you were in a car going forwards not the reverse. This is my Hubbys idea.

I wonder if calling princess would help?

Arlene, I would appreciate it if you would check this out for me.

This may sound nuts but I wonder if Cabin D-628 has a bed that while sleeping your feet are at the end of the bed going forward. If I am not making myself clear, I want to sleep like you were in a car going forwards not the reverse. This is my Hubbys idea.

I wonder if calling princess would help?

Arlene, I would appreciate it if you would check this out for me.

The easiest way to figure that out is to consider that bathrooms are going to be back to back each two cabins. (Not including Suites because I'm just not as aware of the layouts.) Find the nearest fire door (where 600 changes to 700, e.g.) and each two will share a wall. so 600 and 601 share a wall, so 600 will have your head aft and 601 your head forward. (those numbers are examples, I know the even-odd/port-starboard conundrum.)

Edited by Parvatiiv

The easiest way to figure that out is to consider that bathrooms are going to be back to back each two cabins. (Not including Suites because I'm just not as aware of the layouts.) Find the nearest fire door (where 600 changes to 700, e.g.) and each two will share a wall. so 600 and 601 share a wall, so 600 will have your head aft and 601 your head forward. (those numbers are examples, I know the even-odd/port-starboard conundrum.)

That is a great idea!! I took into account that the first cabin at the bow is a family suite and the adjacent cabin does not share a bathroom wall. So I counted front to back every two and 628 should be okay.

That is a great idea!! I took into account that the first cabin at the bow is a family suite and the adjacent cabin does not share a bathroom wall. So I counted front to back every two and 628 should be okay.

Did you take into account the fire doors? Two cabins on opposite sides of the fire door are not going to share a bathroom wall.

Edit: I counted as well and came up with the same answer as you.

Edited by Parvatiiv

Did you take into account the fire doors? Two cabins on opposite sides of the fire door are not going to share a bathroom wall.

Edit: I counted as well and came up with the same answer as you.

No, I did not count the fire doors. Thank you for pointing this out and double checking my calculations.

I'm surprised that no one piped in with the smart-alecky answer of "no, it's sailing empty." Sorry, couldn't resist.

Are you saying you want to be facing the cabin door (if you sit up in bed)? If so, I don't think I've ever been in a Princess cabin in a different configuration or even parallel to that wall and perpendicular to the door (which I believe was the situation for us on a few Carnival cruises).

Are you saying you want to be facing the cabin door (if you sit up in bed)?

I think the op is asking if the head of the bed is aft in the cabin (with feet forward) or if the head of the bed is forward with the feet aft.

I'm surprised that no one piped in with the smart-alecky answer of "no' date=' it's sailing empty." Sorry, couldn't resist.

Are you saying you want to be facing the cabin door (if you sit up in bed)? If so, I don't think I've ever been in a Princess cabin in a different configuration or even parallel to that wall and perpendicular to the door (which I believe was the situation for us on a few Carnival cruises).[/quote']

Thought about it. :D

I appreciate all the help. I called Princess today and the CS agent was great and she got in touch with the Engineer and he checked and I picked the correct cabin for my husbands desire to cruise sleeping forward.