Msc ?

ItalianGuest

Hello everyone,

It's been about a century from my last cruise with MSC and It was onboard one of their small-size ship. Now I've found a wonderful bargain for the next month on MSC Splendida, but I'm a bit undecided.

Will I enjoy cruising MSC style this summer?

Probably my question sounds a bit odd because I'm Italian, but since I've started cruising with Celebrity, Holland, Princess, Azamara, etc... I've discovered all another world.

I like relaxed atmosphere, quiet ships, polite people, good cuisine and I absolutely hate crowded buffets or pool decks and people who do not obey the rules or make noise.

What about cruising MSC nowadays? On their big ships?

Any opinion is well accepted. Thanks in advance,:)

ItalianGuest

Well then msc wont be for you.

Pools crowded, food in buffet always cold , some people don't believe in queuing hand sanitizers more times empty than full and most people don't use them. The good things are nice looking ship cabins kept very clean mdr waiter very nice, helpful , shows very well done. Great destinations that was the fantasia .

Pools crowded, food in buffet always cold , some people don't believe in queuing hand sanitizers more times empty than full and most people don't use them. The good things are nice looking ship cabins kept very clean mdr waiter very nice, helpful , shows very well done. Great destinations that was the fantasia .

Thank you caitriona.

Crowded pools and cold food is not my dream.

I was also very attracted by the ship (Italian design!) but probably It doesn't suit me!

Thanks!

Ciao:)

ItalianGuest

The Yacht Club on the Fantasia class ships (Splendida, Fantasia, Preziosa & Divina) would seem to be the perfect option for you - quiet pool areas, dedicated restaurant and exclusive Top Sail Lounge with its panoramic views and afternoon tea served by butlers. Not to mention polite, discreet guests ;)

Sounds like you are describing mass market cruises in general. What should one expect for under $50 per night:o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The Yacht Club on the Fantasia class ships (Splendida, Fantasia, Preziosa & Divina) would seem to be the perfect option for you - quiet pool areas, dedicated restaurant and exclusive Top Sail Lounge with its panoramic views and afternoon tea served by butlers. Not to mention polite, discreet guests ;)

Thank you!

Yes, you're right.

Unfortunately the MSC Yacht Club is perfect for me but not for my wallet!:o

Ciao,

ItalianGuest

Sounds like you are describing mass market cruises in general. What should one expect for under $50 per night:o

Hello!

You're right but please notice that with the same budget I'm usually able to cruise with Celebrity, Holland and Princess.

I was considering Splendida just because in the same period all the American ships seems to be sold-out and because the price was so good.

I've booked also a cruise onboard QE of Cunard for a very cheap price this summer.:)

Ciao

ItalianGuest

Thank you!

Yes, you're right.

Unfortunately the MSC Yacht Club is perfect for me but not for my wallet!:o

Ciao,

ItalianGuest

When I saw you mention Azamara, I thought it might have been.

MSC sometimes have great prices for Yacht Club - only problem is you have to look for them!

When I saw you mention Azamara, I thought it might have been.

MSC sometimes have great prices for Yacht Club - only problem is you have to look for them!

Hello,

fortunately Azamara sometimes is not so expensive!:)

Regards,

ItalianGuest

MSC are seriously going all-out to woo the US market. The only time we get offers like that are for the Med in Winter!

MSC Divina currently has a Groupon offer as well,,$239.00,, seven nights in an inside stateroom.

I'd like to know were you get 50 dollars a night? Maybe that's what you paid I paid a lot more .

Most cruises this fall are 299 for insides. Some were 199 I've been told

Well my experience is not exactly the same as Catriona's, but it depends on which ship you sail and when. The large new ships in height of school holidays are naturally packed. Others not so much. I like peace and quiet and always mange to find quiet areas to chill out. They have some of the most interesting itineraries.

The offer is still up on the MSC website but the fine print says it expired yesterday.

Only 5 left!!! I think MSC will extend the sale just to sell those last 5. That's such a great deal I can see why 495 of them sold in 3 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to hear that, this was our 1st MSC after 4 with Royal Caribbean. We found very little difference to be honest, I would even say MSC hygiene and cleanliness had the edge over RCL (and RCL was spotless) but I do agree about the sanitisers they could have pushed their use a bit more but you were probably like us and used them all the time so if other cruisers haven't the cop on to use them that's disappointing. Buffet food on any ship is never piping hot and also by the time you walk round the massive buffet area the first things you put on your plate have cooled down, but here's the thing....I wanted to book western med on Liberty of the Seas, nothing special, just a balcony, family of four sharing no frills or packages, they wanted £4500 more than MSC! And that was before flights, my view was that MSC couldn't be £4500 worse than RCL and really they weren't. If the two were the same price I would go RCL, but if not then MSC would be fine. Also currently you can cruise Celebrity and Cunard for less then RCL...they seem to have lost the plot a bit. Great to hear your opinions though and if you have any more then please add them.

I also went Msc because of the price RCL was charging.looked at the ship thought it was lovely and it couldn't be that different .in my opinion there is no comparison. you get what you pay for .yes rcl is gone way to expensive but I would never go back to msc again