Calling Celebrity....

DonnaK

There are so many complaints on the board about poor customer service and unknowledgeable agents answering the phone that I feel compelled to talk about the extremely positive experience I had yesterday!

We have 2 cabins booked on the Summit Aug 17 sailing. My sister and her children wish to join us, so I called Celebrity to book them a cabin. The agent who handled my call was by far the most professional, courteous and helpful agent I've ever dealt with on the phone with any cruise line! Although the ship is nearly sold out, as is dining times, and waitlists are closed, he took the time to sort everything out so that my party could have cabins as close to each other and could be seated together in the MDR.

In case Celebrity reads these boards, I wanted to give a shout out to Charles, and thank him in public for helping us out.

And if Celebrity doesn't read these boards, can someone provide me with an email address where I can send this feedback?

There are so many complaints on the board about poor customer service and unknowledgeable agents answering the phone that I feel compelled to talk about the extremely positive experience I had yesterday!

We have 2 cabins booked on the Summit Aug 17 sailing. My sister and her children wish to join us, so I called Celebrity to book them a cabin. The agent who handled my call was by far the most professional, courteous and helpful agent I've ever dealt with on the phone with any cruise line! Although the ship is nearly sold out, as is dining times, and waitlists are closed, he took the time to sort everything out so that my party could have cabins as close to each other and could be seated together in the MDR.

In case Celebrity reads these boards, I wanted to give a shout out to Charles, and thank him in public for helping us out.

And if Celebrity doesn't read these boards, can someone provide me with an email address where I can send this feedback?

You can send a note to : contactmichael@celebrity.com

Glad to hear about your excellent service.

Glad you had a good experience. Nowadays it can be hard to get a helpful person. This pertains to restaurants, contractors, sales clerks, airlines, etc. and not just the cruise industry. For every complaint there are a ton of happy customers, we just don't hear about them.

What a refreshing change to read a positive report about Celebrity customer service. I must admit, on the very few occasions we've had to ring, I've always had excellent service too, and rang back to speak to a supervisor, and told them :-)

Too, too many people now are so quick to shout from the rooftops if they've had a bad experience, but far too few are willing to take the time to thank a person/company for good service.

Reading your post was a lovely way to start the day :-)

Lou

Doubt I will see that sort of service today

Sadly after 25 minutes on hold I am still waiting to speak to someone - and the issue I am calling about is their problem (website says we owe money and email says cruise will be cancelled if not paid today when we don't owe any more.

My X PCS is on leave so I am stuck in the queue..................

Maybe I should redial to say I want to book for the first time, maybe they would answer sooner

Thanks for posting your experience. I think we all seem to post the negatives and forget about the positive experiences we have had. I don't have to call Customer Service often, as I go through a TA, but I called a couple weeks ago, because I didn't see a shore excursion listed on my upcoming cruise, for which I booked and paid for. The Customer Service representative was not only professional and plesant, but assured me the shore excursion was there and even offered to email me a copy for my records.

Donna, thanks for reminding us that we really should speak up when we have good service, not only when we have bad service.

Thank you for sharing!

We have made sure to let the correct people know. Additionally, you can always send us an email to concerns@celebrity.com.