Halloween ship events?

shoesonfire

Does Celebrity plan any Halloween events? We will be cruising the Infinity leaving St. Barts at 5 p.m. 10/31 and wondered if there will be any special events scheduled with a Halloween theme.

Edited by shoesonfire

We cruised a few years ago over Halloween. There was a "costume parade" with prizes, followed by a dance party in the Sky Lounge. I would say maybe 100 people had real costumes, about 100 more improvised and quite a few had masks. The table next to us at dinner were all in costume as "The Blues Brothers" and various other characters from the movie.

We've sailed over Halloween twice and will be on board again this fall. We don't dress up or "do" Halloween at home or at sea, just not our thing. Seems to be the general consensus -- there are some who dress up, some who really go all-out, but the vast majority don't. There was a costume party or something later in the evening but we didn't attend. Some of the staff had on a silly hat or part of a costume, but for the most part Halloween on board ship was business as usual.

We even noticed a handful of doors decorated but if there were decorations on board I don't remember them. I imagine it's more of a big deal on a ship with more children. On a TA there just aren't that many kids.

I realize it was not on Celebrity but we were on the Jewel of the Seas for Halloween. We didn't dress up, it was our 25th Anniversary and we booked a specialty restaurant.

There was a costume parade but not many participated. Similar to the numbers already posted. About a hundred in full big costume. Another hundred sort of costumed. And some just with masks. With a couple of thousand on board, this didn't seem like many.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were aboard the Infinity last year for Halloween (this was on the westbound TA), and I'd asked the same question before our trip.

Turned out, the activities staff had a costume party for pax around 10 PM up in the Constellation Lounge. It was pretty amazing to see the creative and interesting costumes that so many folks managed to stuff into their luggage. There were prizes given. The Captain and other officers were there. It was a fun evening.

Some folks had decorated their cabin doors in the days leading up to Halloween. (There's a recent thread here on door decorating. I thought the door decorations were festive, a few expressed the view on that thread that the decorations were tacky and low class. Gosh, relax and enjoy life, folks! :) )

HappyHalloween1024x678_zps287ac42c.jpg

(Halloween aboard the Infinity, Oct. 2013, by turtles06)

On the Millie in 2012 the ship was decorated nicely for Halloween. The grand staircase was lined with hand carved pumpkins and there were others throughout the ship. Many other decorations as well. There was a party in the Sky Lounge that evening and they had turned the kids area into a Halloween hallway that you go through if you wished on your way to the Sky Lounge. Pretty neat, actually! The band, CD (Rich and his staff were in Wizard of Oz costumes - he was the scarecrow), dancers and a decent number of guests were also dressed in costumes.

We had dinner at Q'sine that night. The restaurant was nicely decorated and the waiters were dressed and acted like zombies. Pretty funny when they gestured at the iPad and grunted when you asked a question! All in all, good fun!

My only regret was having to leave Maui and missing their big Halloween parade. The ship staff did a great job on that cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

We will be boarding Reflection on 11/1 and hoping that decorations & maybe some celebration would be on for our cruise. A few years back I was on an S-class ship just prior to 10/31 and the grand staircase decos were put up on our last night. So don't know how long they were up.

Would love to see again(and would love to get in costume on board too). Anyone have more info on this?

Thanks,

Meg

It is great to cruise on Halloween when it falls on formal night. Didn't dress up (wore some dirty casual cloths), shave or shower. Went to dinner and told them that I was dressed as a bum for Halloween. :D

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅