Sailaway

jrm116

It was raining during sail away during our Jewel cruise in March. The band was still playing, the line for the bbq was long and the drinks were still flowing. I'm sure if it's a torrential downpour it will be inside.

I live just on the outskirts of Seattle and we see the ships each week as they leave the area heading for Alaska. I always feel bad when it's raining because the sailaway just isn't as great as on a nice, sunny day.

On the nice, sunny days we can hear the partying from the sailaways. And I know very well what it's like to be up there on the deck enjoying the sights, sounds, smells, tastes of a good sailaway party!

Have a great cruise and here's hoping for good weather for you.

It really has to downpour to ruin the spirit of a sail away. On Jewel and Epic it rained during sail away and just as many people were outside enjoying it. It was not a monsoon but light steady rain.

Never let any part of the weather influence your cruise. It could rain everyday on my cruise and I would be just as happy :)