Price jumped with transferred booking

Has anyone had this happen to them? Booked Allure at start of BOGOHO sale, then transferred booking to my preferred TA. Noticed that when transfer went through, the price had jumped to the then-current pricing (about an $800 jump). Called my TA, they called RCI while I was on hold and confirmed the lower price, and said I would receive a new invoice in a couple weeks once the revenue dept made the change (since the agent couldn't manually change the pricing). Thursday I got the new invoice, which showed the same higher price. Called the TA back and simultaneously emailed a copy of my original RCI invoice so that he could see the pricing and breakdown. He went to speak to a supervisor while I waited on hold, came back and said yes, there was definitely a problem, and said the supervisor would look into it and call me back within a few days. Yesterday evening the supervisor called back but I wasn't home. He left a message saying that he would call me Monday to discuss the issue. He DIDN'T say, "we found the problem and we fixed it," or even "we found the problem but can't fix it."

Now I'm sitting on pins and needles until the supervisor returns to work on Monday. Since the BOGOHO offer is over, I'm afraid that even if they wanted to, that they'd be unable to honor the pricing. Am I just being paranoid? I've used the TA for all my cruises, and I'm confident that they'll do what's right...as long as they're able to.

I do have a GS booked, so I figure worst case scenario I can fight for a crown loft upgrade or free premium beverage package :)

Anyone experience something like this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Now I'm sitting on pins and needles until the supervisor returns to work on Monday. Since the BOGOHO offer is over, I'm afraid that even if they wanted to, that they'd be unable to honor the pricing. Am I just being paranoid? I've used the TA for all my cruises, and I'm confident that they'll do what's right...as long as they're able to. ...

They will be able to honor your original pricing. They just need to get the proper person to adjust the prices. It seems that with all the changes to the programming last year, most of the reps do not have the ability to lower pricing, so they have to run it up a level or two.

I had to opposite happen when I booked our SOS 2015 Quebec Sailing, the Royal invoice showed our JS was $2,099 PP but after transfer and invoice from our TA, it showed $1,999. The Total came out the same so it might be a differance in the way it was shown and our TA is reflecting our Platinum discount at $100 PP. I can't understand why yours would go because of a transfer, once booked your locked in.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I believe that one of the disadvantages of the BOGOHO was that any change/

transfer would be booked at the current price when the change is made.

I'm not positive, but I think this is the problem.

Cruzin Lady

I understand that a change (cruise date, stateroom, etc.) would cause the loss of the BOGOHO discount, but a transfer to a TA with no other changes should not change the pricing.

I understand that a change (cruise date, stateroom, etc.) would cause the loss of the BOGOHO discount, but a transfer to a TA with no other changes should not change the pricing.

This also happened to us when we transferred our BOGOHO priced cruise to our TA - it was fixed back to the correct pricing. We also had this issue when we made a recent partial payment on a non-bogoho priced cruise, it repriced the balance, it was also fixed. :rolleyes: RCI computer system strikes again. :(

Did you try logging into your C and A account? Maybe they fixed it and you can see the correct pricing there. If not I am sure it will get fixed

Great, now they will log into their account and that will change the pricing!:eek:

Thank you OP for posting this. I sent in a transfer request a week or so ago to Move our cruise to our TA. I will watch the pricing closely! How frustrating!

On another note, it was so nice to be able to fill out the reservation transfer form online! I had checked a few days before and it was the same old fax form. Positive move, RCI!

My TA was frustrated at the quoted 2-3 week turnaround time. She said they usually get transferred within 2 days!

Lauri

Can you please give me the link for online transfer form. I sent one off last week and was quoted the same 2 week turnaround. When I looked at my reservation, I realized that I spelled my sons friends name wrong. It is off by one letter, so hopefully that doesn't count as a change. I am planning on waiting for it to transfer to my ta versus trying to do it online.

Can you please give me the link for online transfer form. I sent one off last week and was quoted the same 2 week turnaround. When I looked at my reservation, I realized that I spelled my sons friends name wrong. It is off by one letter, so hopefully that doesn't count as a change. I am planning on waiting for it to transfer to my ta versus trying to do it online.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=323&faqSubjectName=After+You+Purchase&faqId=2004

Sorry, I must have misread the post. I though you could do the transfer online versus having to fax it in. I got excited for a moment, since I don't have a fax and have to remind (and remind :D) my husband to take it in to work to fax,

Sorry, I must have misread the post. I though you could do the transfer online versus having to fax it in. I got excited for a moment, since I don't have a fax and have to remind (and remind :D) my husband to take it in to work to fax,

I get the feeling that Royal does not want to make it too easy to transfer a booking.

It will be interesting to see how I go trying to add another person to my solo booking under BOGOHO sale. I have some interest in one of my cruises.

I'll be interested to hear too, if you don't mind posting. My guess is that your price changes to what the first person was being charged during the BOGOHO sale, and the additional person will be charged current pricing.

Guest maddycat

Don't rely on your husband. Do what I do, take the completed form to Staples or Office Depot and have them fax it to RCI for you.

I'll be interested to hear too, if you don't mind posting. My guess is that your price changes to what the first person was being charged during the BOGOHO sale, and the additional person will be charged current pricing.

I will keep you up to date Bob.

Where did it go???? I swear I filled it out online and it was wonderful!!!!! Now I see the old form is back! Argh! And I did the same exact steps as Clarea did to get there! What the heck?? Let me see if I can somehow find it on my IPad.

You all probably think I am crazy!!

Lauri

I even got this reply from them minutes after submitting it online:

From: Reservation Transfers <reservationtransfers@rccl.com>

Date: July 16, 2014 at 6:55:59 PM EDT

To:

Subject: Royal Caribbean International Reservation #2293111

Dear LAURI xxxxxxxx,

Please be advised that your request to transfer reservation #2293111 to be serviced by CROWN CRUISE VACATIONS located at 103 MAIN ST SUITE 300, PRINCETON, NJ, 08540 was received. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for processing.

We thank you for your business.

Where did it go???? I swear I filled it out online and it was wonderful!!!!! Now I see the old form is back! Argh! And I did the same exact steps as Clarea did to get there! What the heck?? Let me see if I can somehow find it on my IPad.

You all probably think I am crazy!!

Lauri

Not at all. I am glad I read it right. Maybe it is a step in the right direction. The only job my husband has in our cruise adventures is faxing the form. Guess I don't need him anymore if the form ends up online.:D

I found it!!!!! I went back through my history!

http://directtransfers.force.com/directtransfers/DTTRoyal

Not sure if I would use it since it is not active on the website but hopefully it is a preview of things to come!!

Lauri

Thanks for this, I've never seen it before. Maybe it's being tested. I'd be a little leary of using it since I don't recognize the domain name as being part of Royal.

Thanks for this, I've never seen it before. Maybe it's being tested. I'd be a little leary of using it since I don't recognize the domain name as being part of Royal.

I went on their website and typed "reservation transfer" into the search Function. It took me right to the page you referred to earlier with the Q&A. I hyperlinked from the answer right to this form!

It must have been up for a really short time. Don't they have a "test" website? At the hospital, we do everything in "test" and work out all the bugs before putting it into "prod". Interesting that I did get a response right away (in the address it said RCCL!) but who knows if the transfer will happen! My TA is on it! It is for a cruise I just booked so we have plenty of time to figure it out!

I have to say, Bob, you are a wealth of RCI knowledge! I love when you chime in, knowing your answers are always accurate! I and a million other CC'ers are very thankful! Lauri

Edited by lah66