Mid-Summer Sail-away Fix - But No Blue Hulls!

Vict0riann

Party pooper!:D

Well, in a few weeks I'll be there (maybe something like 12...)

Three nice toots from the Vision - I guess she blew you off your balcony, POA1

I'll play! For some reason the webcams wouldn't work on firefox though, so had to download google Chrome..... catching up now.

Yes, I have been watching and listening to the audio. A 65 year old woman suffered a stroke as the ship was leaving the port.

Oh no....hope they have the right meds on board for her before she makes it back to FLL.

BTW, thank you, Victoriann for the head's up!

Edited by innlady1

Oh no....hope they have the right meds on board for her before she makes it back to FLL.

BTW, thank you, Victoriann for the head's up!

Maybe wrong, but I think the drug that is most effective for certain types of strokes is called TPA. But, it only works on certain types and within a given time period once the stroke has happened. I wonder if the onboard medical facilities are sophisticated enough to determine just what is the precise cause of a stroke.

Maybe wrong, but I think the drug that is most effective for certain types of strokes is called TPA. But, it only works on certain types and within a given time period once the stroke has happened. I wonder if the onboard medical facilities are sophisticated enough to determine just what is the precise cause of a stroke.

You're right, that drug is commonly known as a "clot-buster", but if the stroke is due to a bleed instead, then it is of no use.

They have 3 hours ago to initiate treatment. The hospital is just a few blocks west of the Publix & Embassy Suites.

Thank you! That is the information that I could not recall.

Even if the ship's doctor was not able to determine the exact cause of the stroke, there is still time for TPA to be effective in treating her, if it can so be used.

You're right, that drug is commonly known as a "clot-buster", but if the stroke is due to a bleed instead, then it is of no use.

They have 3 hours ago to initiate treatment. The hospital is just a few blocks west of the Publix & Embassy Suites.

You are all just founts of wisdom. I had no idea M

Well, I heard 3 sets of toots. The Vision seems to have frequently crept away in silence, but today Capt Lis Lauritzen did a nice job. Freedom and Caribbean Princess were nice too. I didn't hear Oasis this time and there probably wasn't a very festive mood on Caribbean Princess' second exit.

Roy

I finally figured out I got double toots because I had two webcams open!:D I can't remember how to shut one off and still have the picture. Oh, well, learn by doing....

I need to go to the grocery store now, so I will say farewell. Happy sailing, and thanks to Lou and Dave for great photography!:)

It certainly would be interesting to know the answer to that, rka.

Back in the 80's on our second cruise, we went up to the top lounge on a Royal Caribbean ship for our sail away from the Port of Miami. We were sitting at a table by the window with booths just behind us. A gentleman immediately behind us slumped over without a sound and died before the emergency crew could even get there. His wife and traveling companions tried CPR but to no avail. It was very disturbing on so many levels! Mary Jane

I finally figured out I got double toots because I had two webcams open!:D I can't remember how to shut one off and still have the picture. Oh, well, learn by doing....

I need to go to the grocery store now, so I will say farewell. Happy sailing, and thanks to Lou and Dave for great photography!:)

Thanks for starting the thread vic0riann and to Roy for the hrpeads up too:D

really? A sailaway? Fun! :D

Sorry you missed it! It really wasn't up to our usual stuff and nonsense, but there was a bit of excitement as you will have read. Next time, I'll put the whole title in caps, so you'll hear..:) (from so far away)

arghhh I missed it? :(

During the "busy" season I check CC multiple times a day, but right now just sporadically. I was happy when I saw this topic, I didn't realize it was yesterday....

ah well....

There's the Allure of the Seas at 5:00 PM Eastern today (Sunday 27 July). It's not much, but it's big. :)

Not too many addicts around this time of year. Everyone is up to other things. Nice to hear from you!

very true.....and thanks :) same here, always happy to "see" a friendly face here

There's the Allure of the Seas at 5:00 PM Eastern today (Sunday 27 July). It's not much, but it's big. :)

that she is....:D