Southampton car parking?

fue-fue

I would still be very wary of parking on someones drive.

As you would have entered into a contract with that person (you have paid them money). If anything happened to your car (even if it was recorded on cctv) would your insurance be interested. Parking on a drive where no money changes hands , as they are a relative of whatever would be iffy enough ref insurance, but me feels they would not be interested at all if you had paid to park there.

Other people have queried about if they give you lifts to the terminal, Is their car insurance cover if anything happens.

I know people like a good deal, but having spent 100's or 1000's on the holiday, seems a cost cut too far . Entirely just my thoughts

I agree and for that reason would never use parkatmyhouse everybody just assumes or hopes that if there is a problem that insurance companies will look at situation favouribly. One thing is if your car gets damaged while parked in drive and you are on holiday and you have paid to park there would your insurance compoany pay out and the other problem if householder is taking you to docks after parking your car he should have business use on his insurance in case of an accident if he hasnt and he has an accident not only ill he be in a mess but so will you if you are injured. Finally we all know insurance companies do not look at things favouribly and will find anyway they can not to pay out in the event of a claim. My up and coming cruise for 14nts using Parking4cruises is £97 with meet and greet at short stay car park at temrinal same on return and think its not worth the worry just to save £30-£40 at the most with Parkatmyhouse and too many risks.

Oh well each to there own!!! Lifes too short to be worrying cars can easily be replaced....... Surely you are taking the same risk where insurance is concerned:confused:

Yes I agree cars can easily be replaced and I am sure that if you car did unfortunately get damaged while parked and insurance refused to payout I am sure you wouldnt be saying life's too short then.

Word of warning to those cruisers considering using The Roebuck in Marchwood: we stay in Hythe Marina (The Boathouse) every 4 weeks or so as we are seeking a holiday home in the area. The best pub in Marchwood is The Pilgrim Inn. Don't know if they offer a Park and Stay facility, but I would recommend you steer clear of The Roebuck. We were cycling past one Sunday afternoon and all we could hear was a huge commotion (effing and blinding etc) coming from The Roebuck. Very nasty. :eek: Apparently, on Fridays and Saturdays it attracts a colourful clientele! Don't expect much sleep......try The Pilgrim instead, which is on the outskirts of Marchwood. Suffice to say, The Roebuck put us off buying in Marchwood which is a shame as otherwise it is a nice large village.

I know this has been asked before! but when I did a search I got old posts.

Travelling from Yorkshire we prefer to travel down the day before, stay 1 night in an hotel & leave the car with them.

But the cruise we are looking at in September, leaves during the boat show. so very little hotel rooms left!

Who do you recommend for parking?

We have used CPS once & were impressed, but for 17 nights they want £180 which I think is a bit expensive. :eek:

Thanks

Personally I would say "suck it up". Nothing is more convenient or safer than parking at the terminal. Just factor it into the overall cost of your wonderful cruising holiday.

Word of warning to those cruisers considering using The Roebuck in Marchwood: we stay in Hythe Marina (The Boathouse) every 4 weeks or so as we are seeking a holiday home in the area. The best pub in Marchwood is The Pilgrim Inn. Don't know if they offer a Park and Stay facility, but I would recommend you steer clear of The Roebuck. We were cycling past one Sunday afternoon and all we could hear was a huge commotion (effing and blinding etc) coming from The Roebuck. Very nasty. :eek: Apparently, on Fridays and Saturdays it attracts a colourful clientele! Don't expect much sleep......try The Pilgrim instead, which is on the outskirts of Marchwood. Suffice to say, The Roebuck put us off buying in Marchwood which is a shame as otherwise it is a nice large village.

As a resident of the area i would totally agree. The Pilgrim Inn is much nicer.

http://pilgriminnmarchwood.co.uk/

Personally I would say "suck it up". Nothing is more convenient or safer than parking at the terminal. Just factor it into the overall cost of your wonderful cruising holiday.

I agree and with CPS and Parking4cruises being the only ones to my knowledge where you drop off and pick up your car at the terminal and with Parking4cruises being a lot cheaper its ano brainer for me. I dont want the hassle of waiting for a shuttle bus pre and post cruise to take me to the port and return to my car afterwards and certainly wouldnt even consider leaving my car and paying to park in somebodies drive.

Each to their own. The amount I've saved over the years of using Parkatmyhouse.co.uk (and the money I've earned from renting my own as I live 10 mins from Gatwick) would easily pay for any damage if it occurred and the insurance company didn't pay up. I think they would be hard pressed to refuse though.

Each to their own. The amount I've saved over the years of using Parkatmyhouse.co.uk (and the money I've earned from renting my own as I live 10 mins from Gatwick) would easily pay for any damage if it occurred and the insurance company didn't pay up. I think they would be hard pressed to refuse though.

An insurance claim can run into 10s of thousands even for a minor injury, and millions for a death. You must have a huge drive!

To be honest, this is the way my husband is thinking at the moment. Stillnot booked the cruise, but ALL your replies very helpful.

Thank You

An insurance claim can run into 10s of thousands even for a minor injury, and millions for a death. You must have a huge drive!

Under the terms of the rental agreement, the owner of the driveway is not liable for these. Not sure why I need a huge driveway :confused: As for my driveway, I had a two-car private drive that was covered by CCTV which in itself was a selling point. I have moved house in the last year and although I still have a two-car driveway I no longer rent it out as it is impractical where I now am.

When I rent, I look very carefully at the area and whether it is overlooked and has natural surveillance or better still, a working CCTV set up.

As it is, in October this year the space I have rented is surrounded by natural surveillance, is hidden from the adjacent residential road and has CCTV as well - all for under £60. The taxi fare to the terminal is £6.

The cheapest quote I got at the time for cruise parking was I believe £187 from CPS and £147 from one of the others (Parking4cruises maybe?) Quite a difference. Like I say, more money for my wife to spend :eek:

If you're still looking for a hotel and car parking together you might want to take a look at the Ellington Lodge in Eastleigh.

http://www.theconcordeclub.com/offers/park-and-cruise-packages/

We always try to book here and usually ask if we can dine in the restaurant which gains you access to the live performance on that night in the Concorde Club. Comfortable rooms, pleasant food, ample parking and all at a reasonable price.

If you're still looking for a hotel and car parking together you might want to take a look at the Ellington Lodge in Eastleigh.

http://www.theconcordeclub.com/offers/park-and-cruise-packages/

We always try to book here and usually ask if we can dine in the restaurant which gains you access to the live performance on that night in the Concorde Club. Comfortable rooms, pleasant food, ample parking and all at a reasonable price.

Fully booked:(:(

Hi fue_fue....not sure of what your actual date required is but I think you may struggle to find an hotel/parking combined.

Another alternative is the Meerut at Brockenhurst...its a B/B...about 14 miles from the port. It has very good reviews and you could do the ACP parking at Marchwood which is on the same side of Southampton as the Meerut and of course ACP do the port transfers.

Under the terms of the rental agreement, the owner of the driveway is not liable for these. You cannot get out of a legal liability by having a terms of agreement

Not sure why I need a huge driveway You referred to how much money you have made.

As it is, in October this year the space I have rented is surrounded by natural surveillance, is hidden from the adjacent residential road and has CCTV as well Not sure I would want to leave my car in a residential area where CCTV was thought to be necessary

We are finally sorted!!!

When we 1st started looking De Vere New Place (where we stayed last year) was full. Then this week rooms were available on the web site but no cruise package. I rang them today asking about the cruise package & they rang me back tonight & we'v e got it. SO pleased :) :) :)

Many thanks to all of you that posted