Observations fro Equinox President's cruise

smdubowsky

Sorry I did not reply sooner but the internet was still slow and tedious. In fact even though we had over 400 minutes of internet time ( Elite Plus), we still used it all up.

As far as the stores, they were open when at sea but the tax was invoked. The part of the stores on deck 4 usually reserved for liquor was just all candy. Th food in Blu I was good and most importantly, they were very accommodating . One of the best perks do Elite Plus were the unlimited free cappuccinos. I certainly took advantage.

I did notice that while we did get complimentary bottled water in Aqua Class there was no longer a carafe of cold tea in the afternoon. Also afternoon canapés were not provided after the third day if you did not request them.

As stated by others Bistro on Five had irregular hours. On some days they opened at 4pm until midnight. On other days they were open at lunch.

Did not use either of the new additions on the ship. Slush bar looked interesting but never tried it. The Gastro Bar menu did not impress me .

The AquaSpa Cafe was fine. And was open on embarkation. They even provided fresh hot chicken and fish entres on request which was something they didn't have on Reflection last January.

We did hit some rainy weather on the cruise. Got caught Ina downpour in Pisa but did get to see the Leaning Tower. We also had some rain in Corsica and Sardinia.

Above all the crew and staff of the Equinox were exemplary. For us, this has always been why we return to Celebrity.

One good thing about being in the EU the whole cruise was that there was no passport or customs control when the cruise ended. The only long line we encountered was for the taxis.

Since we are back on land, I will be happy to answer any other questions that you may have

Edited by smdubowsky

Sorry I did not reply sooner but the internet was still slow and tedious. In fact even though we had over 400 minutes of internet time ( Elite Plus), we still used it all up.

Did Michael Bayley do a question & answer session and was he asked about the erratic state of the Celebrity web site?

As far as the stores, they were open when at sea but the tax was invoked. The part of the stores on deck 4 usually reserved for liquor was just all candy. Th food in Blu I was good and most importantly, they were very accommodating . One of the best perks do Elite Plus were the unlimited free cappuccinos. I certainly took advantage.

I did notice that while we did get complimentary bottled water in Aqua Class there was no longer a carafe of cold tea in the afternoon. Also afternoon canapés were not provided after the third day if you did not request them.

As stated by others Bistro on Five had irregular hours. On some days they opened at 4pm until midnight. On other days they were open at lunch.

Did not use either of the new additions on the ship. Slush bar looked interesting but never tried it. The Gastro Bar menu did not impress me .

The AquaSpa Cafe was fine. And was open on embarkation. They even provided fresh hot chicken and fish entres on request which was something they didn't have on Reflection last January.

We did hit some rainy weather on the cruise. Got caught Ina downpour in Pisa but did get to see the Leaning Tower. We also had some rain in Corsica and Sardinia.

Above all the crew and staff of the Equinox were exemplary. For us, this has always been why we return to Celebrity.

One good thing about being in the EU the whole cruise was that there was no passport or customs control when the cruise ended. The only long line we encountered was for the taxis.

Since we are back on land, I will be happy to answer any other questions that you may have

Do you know if it was available by request?

I'm one of the few that actually found it refreshing and drank it most days. :(

Also, on another thread someone posted that the cheese canapes have been replaced by sliced cheese "food" instead of the nice wedges we used to get.

Any experience with that?