Sun Princess

jkw2765

This will be our first time traveling on an AUS based Princess ship. I have read many reviews and have opened my eyes to the changes that are to be expected between that and the US ships. My biggest concern at this point are the beds. I frankly don't think the US Princess ships have the most comfortable beds. As we will be spending 27 nights, I am curious as to the thoughts on the beds. That and any other important hints or tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

I don't know about the Sun Princess but over the last two years, I've sailed on the Star, Island, Crown, Diamond, Royal and Sapphire and had a really comfortable pillowtop mattress on every one. Far more comfortable than HAL or Celebrity.

As someone who has spent more than 200 days on the Sun Princess we never had a problem with the beds. In fact we had a egg crate on the first cruise and took it off after the first few nights as it was not required.

Enjoy your cruise on a great old lady

We had 46 nights in inside cabin on Sun in 2011 and looking at 42 nights on her again next year - didn't have a problem with it or any of the other ships I have sailed on.

Like Windsor mentioned - they do have egg carton overlays available if the beds are too hard.

Hi Kate59, off topic but have booked 46 nights Asian/Africa cruise Jan 2016. Can't wait. Love Sun Princess. Is this the cruise you did in 2011? Any tips, hints? Would love to hear about it. Thanks Anjo.

Hi Kate59, off topic but have booked 46 nights Asian/Africa cruise Jan 2016. Can't wait. Love Sun Princess. Is this the cruise you did in 2011? Any tips, hints? Would love to hear about it. Thanks Anjo.

Yes it is - some slight changes but mostly the same. If I get a chance I will put up something in the roll call other than here. If you search the roll call for it in 2011 you will find some great info, as it was a really active roll call.;)

I was on the Caribbean Princess a couple of months ago. I asked my room steward if I could have a new mattress. He said the mattresses were new in January, but mine was lumpy and had a ridge running all the way down one side. I showed it to the room steward and he got me a new one that same day. He was one of the best room stewards I've ever had. If you get a mattress you can't sleep on I would just ask your room steward if you could have a new one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums