Just Returned, Oasis. Frequent questions on Cruise Critic.

There were definitely kids in both improv shows (and some were in the 7 to 8 year old range). There is no cursing. Material is definitely PG 13. It really depends on your child and how you feel about some off color material. The comics do mention at the beginning "that the kids are welcome but they are not responsible for any future therapy sessions :)"

Personally, I don't get offended easily.. I did take my daughter (now 15) to the Cruise "Newlywed Games" a few years ago (probably when she was 12). Depending on the child, the "innuendos" would probably go over their head. Based on my opinion/track record, I would not have had an issue taking my 12 year old to a show like this. However, I also am aware that everybody is different in this particular area with their kids.

Thanks for you're reply. My son will want to go. He loves comedy Shows.

Fresh squeezed OJ is extra cost, unless you have the Replenish or Ultimate unlimited drink packages.

Thank you. ;)

Two more questions for anyone.

1. Is JR open the morning of disembarkation for breakfast?

2. Is there a quiet, out of the crowd, place to get a little sun up on deck? We don't really enjoy the games, etc. Would like a little place either in the sun or shade - outdoors - where we can catch up on our reading. The Solarium is nice, but is it air conditioned? Could be hot in late August. :eek:

Thank you. ;)

Two more questions for anyone.

1. Is JR open the morning of disembarkation for breakfast?

2. Is there a quiet, out of the crowd, place to get a little sun up on deck? We don't really enjoy the games, etc. Would like a little place either in the sun or shade - outdoors - where we can catch up on our reading. The Solarium is nice, but is it air conditioned? Could be hot in late August. :eek:

Here is a link to a recent departure flyer which will show the breakfast choices:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43194396&postcount=2

We just got off the same cruise as well and had a great time. Did not make it to Johnny Rocket's but did the Park Cafe and Solarium Breakfast a number of times (would highly recommend both areas). The 2 improv comedy shows were very funny, the Hairspray production was excellent (and we are "cruise theater snobs" since we go to a number of Broadway shows throughout the year). Entertainment seemed to be better than my other recent cruises (last on NCL and Celebrity in the last 2 years). Oasis has a lot to offer (many entertainment options and different food areas). Not sure how we will ever go back to a smaller ship.

Are there 2 different comedy shows? I just booked all my entertainment for upcoming Allure cruise and they do not differentiate two different shows, they just have "comedy show" (paraphrased) with an array of different dates/times.

Are there 2 different comedy shows? I just booked all my entertainment for upcoming Allure cruise and they do not differentiate two different shows, they just have "comedy show" (paraphrased) with an array of different dates/times.

There is only one comedy show you can reserve, and it's the same two comedians doing largely the same material for all the performances.

There is usually another "family" comedy show in the main theater that is first come, first served. Day and time will be in the Cruise Compass.

There is only one comedy show you can reserve, and it's the same two comedians doing largely the same material for all the performances.

There is usually another "family" comedy show in the main theater that is first come, first served. Day and time will be in the Cruise Compass.

This site should just go ahead and hire you already. I don't ask a ton of questions, but almost every time I do, no matter what thread it's in, you pop up and answer it within about 10 minutes. Thanks again, friend !

Here is a link to a recent departure flyer which will show the breakfast choices:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43194396&postcount=2

This site should just go ahead and hire you already. I don't ask a ton of questions, but almost every time I do, no matter what thread it's in, you pop up and answer it within about 10 minutes. Thanks again, friend !

I agree! Thank you for the Departure schedule link. That was very helpful! :)

Thank you. ;)

I personally like the solarium - it is large and you can definitely find quiet spots in the shade, especially if you don't get too close to the pool area. You can also find sunny spots - your choice.

Another favorite, but no pool to cool off in, are the "secret balconies". If I remember correctly they are on decks 10, 11, 12. Go all the way aft - down the corridor as if you were going to a cabin. When you get to the end of the corridor there is another door - takes you out on a huge public balcony. There are chairs and lounge chairs. Last fall on the Allure we were the only people there. This time on the Oasis there were a few people, but never crowded. You can sit and read, or a good place to watch the aqua show rehersals or daytime activities. Sun or shade would depend on the time of the day.

I personally like the solarium - it is large and you can definitely find quiet spots in the shade, especially if you don't get too close to the pool area. You can also find sunny spots - your choice.

Another favorite, but no pool to cool off in, are the "secret balconies". If I remember correctly they are on decks 10, 11, 12. Go all the way aft - down the corridor as if you were going to a cabin. When you get to the end of the corridor there is another door - takes you out on a huge public balcony. There are chairs and lounge chairs. Last fall on the Allure we were the only people there. This time on the Oasis there were a few people, but never crowded. You can sit and read, or a good place to watch the aqua show rehersals or daytime activities. Sun or shade would depend on the time of the day.

we always go there and relax.

I don't choose ships that are floating malls because I have a mall at home. I don't choose ships with an inside park because I have one down the street. I don't choose ships that are turned into giant lawns because I have a yard. I don't bring my binoculars to stare at people because I like interacting with with them and focus on the SEA!!! What's next inside cars and traffic jams for a giant asphalt themed ship? Classic cruisers must be rolling in their graves as to what this is all turning into. :eek:

There are ships that are turned into giant lawns? That sounds pretty cool! Where can I find one of those? :D

Celebrity Solstice class. Their upper deck is almost all lawn (real green grass.) We like it! My husband can play Boccee Ball and enter the putting contest. The lawn at night is turned into a romantic picnic site for those that can still get down on the ground. :D

462.jpg.30bcbaee3a082d52f081105732257b62.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea

PrincessVIP is just trying to stir everybody up here. I considered myself a Princess snob going into an Oasis cruise and fought it for the first couple of days before being totally won over there is not any ship that I have been on that compares to this one. There are a lot of things that I like about every ship We have been on they all have their strong points. Don't let one person who thinks they are a VIP tarnish your opinion of the Princess faithful. If you visit the Princess board you will find that most people there agree that the Oasis is in a class by itself. I would give Princess a big Main Dinning Room edge and Buffet edge but thats about it. I feel Princess is a more relaxing vacation where the Oasis is non stop entertainment. We cancelled a Princess cruise in December and booked the Oasis again. I think we all get stuck on one line trying to become Diamond or Elite to get a few free drinks and miss out on new experiences.

I'm Elite on Princess and not a Princess snob:p We are booked on our first Oasis/RCL cruise and I cannot wait to experience the ship, I knew we wouldn't be able to enjoy it in a week so we are booked on the TA and so excited and looking forward to the change from the same old same old on Princess. We will miss our elite perks but most we don't use and definately will miss having laundry machines being 2 weeks but will survive.

We do have a Central park balcony and I booked it cause it is some thing to experience that I cannot on another line but never thought about having peeping Tom's with binoculars looking at me:eek::eek:

My opinion on the comedy club: We were on the Oasis in May the comedy club was definitely rated R or above. The material and the language were both such that I wouldnt take a 12 year old to. They were back to back and repeat the show for the most part each performance.

As someone said, there is a family comedy show in the theater late in the week.

Room service delivery was poor - tried to use - always 45 minutes to 1 hour wait time. This was particularly annoying when just ordering cartons of milk to go with cookies that we had already picked up in the Windjammer. Always same answer regardless of time of day or day of the week.

Cartons of milk are always available in the windjammer, if you don't see them, just ask. Trust me, I am a milk connoisseur. :D

Cartons of milk are always available in the windjammer, if you don't see them, just ask. Trust me, I am a milk connoisseur. :D

Agree, also drink a lot of milk. Milk is also available by the glass in the promenade cafe.

However, this was a spur of the moment decision - long walk to the windjammer. We had picked up cookies earlier in the afternoon, and this was for a snack for grandkids. Would not have left them alone in the cabin to go to the windjammer to get milk. Would have been happy to wait 20-30 minutes, but not an hour! Room service always gave the same response - 45 minutes to an hour for anything.

Edited by PMcC1998

Because you don't know what kind of creepy or nosy people are staring down at you. For crying out loud now we've got lawn ships for people who don't go outside their house! Maybe if people would walk through a park or mall once in awhile, they would focus on cruising for the sea! :confused:

Well I always carry a set of binoculars with me on a cruise but I can assure you that the last thing I will be doing is looking at you. ;)

Edited by cruisingator2