Jewel E1 and E2 cabins on deck 7 towards Aft

I am looking for guidance on cabin selection for the Jewel. I have never been on this class of ship. I have selected cabin 7154, which is an E1 but I believe the E2 are about the same price. I like being towards the back of the ship and although I do like being higher, the balconies on deck 7 looked bigger than deck 8. Are the balconies on deck 7 near the back larger than the ones on deck 8? I appreciate any tips or guidance I can get. Oh and cabin 8166 is available. My cruise is Sept. 6th.

Edited by CruiseLover15

I am looking for guidance on cabin selection for the Jewel. I have never been on this class of ship. I have selected cabin 7154, which is an E1 but I believe the E2 are about the same price. I like being towards the back of the ship and although I do like being higher, the balconies on deck 7 looked bigger than deck 8. Are the balconies on deck 7 near the back larger than the ones on deck 8? I appreciate any tips or guidance I can get.

Balconies facing directly aft are larger. However, side-facing balconies will be the same for E1 and E2.

Balconies facing directly aft are larger. However, side-facing balconies will be the same for E1 and E2.

Ok, thanks. All of the directly aft balconies are already full. I just noticed when I pulled up the deck plans where I could see deck 7 and 8 side by side the E1 and E2 balconies on the back part of deck 7 looked a lot larger than the balconies directly above.

Ok, thanks. All of the directly aft balconies are already full. I just noticed when I pulled up the deck plans where I could see deck 7 and 8 side by side the E1 and E2 balconies on the back part of deck 7 looked a lot larger than the balconies directly above.

Yes the E1 and E2 balconies both forward and aft on deck 7 are larger.

I have 7040 reserved on the Jewel for our West Coast sailing in 9/2015. From what I have read, this cabin has an extended balcony and is not obstructed by the lifeboats. I know that the extended part of the balcony is not very private due to a lower separator but don't think this will bother us. We usually enjoy the larger space on afts but the price was very good on this category when we booked. Figure we would try something new and very close to the elevator!

Dolfans from Miami

Here's a shot of these larger balconies but we typically go with the forward larger E1 and E2 balconies as these don't overlook the roof of the Colony Club lounge below on deck six.

attachment.php?attachmentid=320416&d=1406512496

DSC07167c.jpg.4a45a26c9a159d120b017c9fb84ea627.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We have forward 7040 which is a category E3. Besides the price, what would be the difference between the E1, E2, E3 cabins, does anyone know?

E1 would usually be connecting and.or hold more than 2 guests.

We have forward 7040 which is a category E3. Besides the price, what would be the difference between the E1, E2, E3 cabins, does anyone know?

Dolfans from Miami

On current deck plans, to Nov.6/14, E3s have obstructed view or smaller balconies. Obstruction could be lifeboat/tender canopy in mid-ship or superstructure for most forward balconies.

Edited by robtulipe

7040 did not come up as obstructed view when I booked. I see other E3 forward cabins available on our same Jewel sailing with no obstructed view?? hmmm??

Dolfans from Miami

That is correct for Jewel sailing after May2/15.

It appears after this date RCI is giving higher rating to cabins on the higher decks unless it can accommodate more than two passengers, than it is an E1.

Edited by robtulipe