Quick question for those recently off the Breakaway re: free bottle of wine at dinner

RickinNYC

Hi gang. Just curious. Your answer certainly won't make or break my decision considering I'd already booked our first night's dinner at Cagneys on our upcoming cruise.

When we sailed on the Breakaway a few months ago, there was a special incentive to book and dine at a specialty restaurant on the first night. Specifically, they offered a complimentary bottle of wine. Nice little perk.

Just wondering whether this was still being offered?

Main reason I ask, is that we booked and ate at Le Bistro the first evening. We promptly forgot all about the wine, and never realized we never received it until a couple of days later. When we asked at Guest Services, they apologized profusely, confirmed we should have received one, confirmed we never did, and made arrangements for one to be available at our next dinner at Cagney's. The quick turn around to the solution was impressive!

Wanted to ask you all simply because I want to make sure we don't forget this time around!

One would think...

:D Hopefully eh?

Besides these kinds of perks or promo's come and go all the time. It can be different each time you sail. Sometimes they offer, sometimes they don't. You have to keep your eyes open, read the dailies as soon as you get one - often that kind of thing is mentioned there.

That offer has been pretty rare lately. In fact, yours is the only mention of it I have seen on these boards for a long time (over a year I'd guess).

You never know, but I'd go onboard not expecting to see it, and if it happens then its a nice bonus.

I sailed the Breakaway last October and went to a specialty restaurant the first night but did not get the free bottle of wine (I was solo) it was for two people!!the waiter proceeds to tell me, if he saw around the ship, the wine is on him, never did see him, ha, ha. I found a great bar in the atrium that served the best Sangria! I was a very happy person!

I wonder if the UDP plays any part in whether they continue to give a free bottle of wine on the first evening. I believe this incentive was to get people to book the specialty restaurants for night one. With promotions including the UDP and guests purchasing it on their own, its possible they feel there is enough people in these venues that providing the free wine incentive is no longer necessary.

Would be interesting though to hear of someone knowing for certain.

Rochelle

I wonder if the UDP plays any part in whether they continue to give a free bottle of wine on the first evening. I believe this incentive was to get people to book the specialty restaurants for night one. With promotions including the UDP and guests purchasing it on their own, its possible they feel there is enough people in these venues that providing the free wine incentive is no longer necessary.

Would be interesting though to hear of someone knowing for certain.

Rochelle

That totally makes sense and something I hadn't thought of.

Whether there's an incentive or not won't make or break our dinner, certainly not our vacation.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There was no advertising or mention of it on our cruise earlier this month. Hope you have a great sailing Rick.:)

Thank you! I know we'll have a great time no matter what.

That totally makes sense and something I hadn't thought of.

Whether there's an incentive or not won't make or break our dinner, certainly not our vacation.

Totally agree! But what a great start to a cruise if they are! We have the UBP for our upcoming trip so the point is moot for this cruise but I will try and remember to ask for future reference. Always good to have the most current info.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Rochelle