Bathroom amenities - a 'welcome' change

PescadoAmarillo

I hated the dispensers--really awkward to use in the tiny shower and hard to get enough product out. I dislike gel anyway, but the bar soap from the sink did work in the shower.

Worst of all was the shampoo/conditioner. I have never in my life used a product that made my hair feel so awful--like straw, almost crunchy. Expecting the usual small bottle of conditioner, I hadn't brought any extra along except one small one from our pre-cruise hotel. Not enough for a 17 night cruise!

After reading the earlier posts I went prepared last month with everything I would need- shampoo, conditioner, q-tips etc. It was my first time on Princess for many years and the absence of what I consider standard bathroom amenities was unexpected. Good thing I checked the forums!

Surprised to read so many of you dislike the dispensers. I think they are more convenient; no dropping soap, shampoo bottles in the small showers. I do however wish they were the eucalyptus fragrance. Really did like it. Had the dispensers on the Royal last December. Other cruise lines have had the dispensers for a long time; our 2010 RCCL cruise had dispensers. Also I have been bringing cotton balls and qtips on cruises and land vacations for years. No problem....they take up little to no room.

Happy cruising!!

Surprised to read so many of you dislike the dispensers. I think they are more convenient; no dropping soap, shampoo bottles in the small showers. I do however wish they were the eucalyptus fragrance. Really did like it.

Happy cruising!!

I really liked the eucalyptus, too. It smelled like "cruising." :) I don't mind the dispenser, myself, since I never use the stuff in them. They do make a fine little "shelf" for the stuff I bring with me.

This is in our OV on Island - the bottle on the left is shampoo/conditioner, the one on the right is body wash (I think). We also had 2 soap bars and one decent-sized container of lotion (everything is the Princess generic "Lotus Spa" branding).

I only use my own shampoo/conditioner (I spend too much money on keratin treatments to ruin my hair with sulfate-containing products), but I don't mind the body wash or their lotion.

6oNqKHe.jpg.434963fc40bb42ae798b89f48b316e94.jpg

Edited by Illyria
image didn't post

Seriously? A dispenser in the shower is considered an improvement with no bath soap available? Yuck!

Follow the money. This is just Princess being cheap.

I agree with you! You have to keep pumping those dispensers to get anything out of them. I bring my own shampoo and conidtioner. The lotion comes in handy as I'm a walker and massage my feet every morning before heading out. I liked the way it was before. It's more economical for them to pour the body soap from a gallon jug than it is to give you small bottles of the nice smelling stuff. It's all about the money as you say Pam.