Explore 4 Upgrade Cabins

Stratheden

We have 4 HAL cruises booked - all of them are included in the Explore 4 promotion.

We have booked SS cabins - I guess that means we could be upgraded to Neptune suites. Do we get to choose which Neptune suite we have or do we have to take what we are given? Can we refuse and stay in our signature suite? We like to sail in a certain part of the ship and booked early and chose our original cabin exactly where we wanted to be.

Still quite miffed (to put it politely) that Australians don't get the Beverage card. Wish there was an international anti discrimination act :D

We have 4 HAL cruises booked - all of them are included in the Explore 4 promotion.

We have booked SS cabins - I guess that means we could be upgraded to Neptune suites. Do we get to choose which Neptune suite we have or do we have to take what we are given? Can we refuse and stay in our signature suite? We like to sail in a certain part of the ship and booked early and chose our original cabin exactly where we wanted to be.

Still quite miffed (to put it politely) that Australians don't get the Beverage card. Wish there was an international anti discrimination act :D

First, you can mark your reservation "Do Not Upgrade". That should lock in your cabin. Now, before you ask, it has been reported on CC that HAL will still offer you upsells (but I would alert my TA to be safe).

Second, generally when you call in to accept an upsell, they can tell you the cabin(s) available. So, be ready with a deck plan of the ship at your fingertips as you have to decide then and there.

Maybe HAL considers older Americans to be light drinkers, so they offer us more than they think we can drink.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

If they have more then one Neptune suite avaliable you maybe be able to pick which cabin you get, that is if you get an up sell.:)

Yes you can refuse an up sell and stay in your signature suite. I'm sure someone else will be glad to take it the up sell.:D

Sorry about the beverage card, don't know what to say.:(

Well we got the Explore 4 on all 4 cruises but I did keep our original cabin on each ship. Better than nothing. :D We really like being mid-ships.

Congratulations, nothing wrong with a Signature Suite. They are nice cabins, adding on the Explore 4, is a real deal!

Well we got the Explore 4 on all 4 cruises but I did keep our original cabin on each ship. Better than nothing. :D We really like being mid-ships.

Agree with you 100%. We always pick a specific cabin.

I think it's cruel to deny the Aussies the Beverage Package.

And the Dutch, Belgians and probably the rest of Europe!!

But business wise its a good decision from their part because i know out of experience the Dutch will drink their wine and beer anyway:D

As a New Zealander, I can confirm that it is unwise to ever offer an Aussie "all you can drink". It's a recipe for financial ruin.

Love your Kiwi response. Have spent many fun happy hours with the Ausies in the Crow's Nest. :)They sure can spend a lot of money.

Basic question regarding the Explore 4 promotion:

What is the dollar value of dinner for 2 at the Pinnacle Grill?

Thank you!

:D

PG dinners cost $29/pp if you were to book it yourself. So the total, for 2, is $58.

Edited by Alberta Quilter