If you book a specialty restaurant before you sail, are you charged right away?

warmwinds

I'm going crazy trying to find a credit card charge. Maybe there is not one?

I booked a specialty restaurant several months ago (Normandie on Summit) because we only wanted one, and we wanted it on a specific date for a special occasion.

Well, we changed our minds, and cancelled.

So now I've been trying to find the original credit card charge so I can make sure the credit comes through.

But I can't find it.

I've looked at every single credit card statement for every credit card we have (since I also can't remember what card I used - hell getting old), and I can't find the original charge. Anywhere.

So now I'm thinking maybe I just had a time and date reservation, and would not be charged until we got on board/honored the reservation? I originally thought it would be charged right away like a shore excursion. Or not?

Can anyone help this poor disorganized dummy?

Check the information you've given on-line for your initial cruise deposit, for shore excursions, and/or pre-cruise or transfers. If you booked anything in advance you have entered a credit card on-line.

We don't book specialty restaurants ahead because they expect 24 hours notice to cancel otherwise we're obligated to pay. This measure gives the restaurant the opportunity to give us any table they choose. When it's our money we position ourselves to get the table we want or not dine.

At a minimum you should visit Guest Relations and cancel your reservation after you board the ship unless you reserved the first night.

Just my off hand advice. I don't have a brochure or a contract with rules in front of me.

Good luck on getting the dining reservation settled.

Enjoy your cruise.

Penny

You are charged right away. If you get on board and find a percent-off deal, you can talk to them about it. We have never had any problem keeping our same time slot for dinner AND receiving credit on our on-board account for any difference.

I'm going crazy trying to find a credit card charge. Maybe there is not one?

I booked a specialty restaurant several months ago (Normandie on Summit) because we only wanted one, and we wanted it on a specific date for a special occasion.

Well, we changed our minds, and cancelled.

So now I've been trying to find the original credit card charge so I can make sure the credit comes through.

But I can't find it.

I've looked at every single credit card statement for every credit card we have (since I also can't remember what card I used - hell getting old), and I can't find the original charge. Anywhere.

So now I'm thinking maybe I just had a time and date reservation, and would not be charged until we got on board/honored the reservation? I originally thought it would be charged right away like a shore excursion. Or not?

Can anyone help this poor disorganized dummy?

I think you should wait until you go onboard. You will get a shipboard credit-easier then trying to find the original charge. You should have been charged immediately, unless it was a "free" dinner- either because you are in a suite or got a TA perk.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well, guess what...the credit came through today. But it was listed under Royal Caribbean, not Celebrity. And I still could not find that particular charge, going back a year (now that I know what credit card it was on).

I do have several charges, so it must have been smushed up with one of them that was either a shore excursion or a payment.

Yeah, I know, I usually do a better job of record keeping but this one just slipped away from me.

That's a nice surprise thanks for the info,especially as we have 2 weeks to enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you want to reserve your included (free) suite specialty dinner in advance, you need to call. If you book online, they will charge you. There is no way, last I heard, to reserve the complimentary dinners online.

Enjoy!

Jane

Yes- cruises one week get one free dinner- 2 weeks two! Enjoy your cruise

I do not believe this holds true on Century (unless something has changed). I know in the past the free dinners only applied to the largest suites on Century. Century only has one specialty venue, so if they gave freebies to all the suites that would account for a significant portion of the restaurant's capacity.

Hi there we are in a Century Suite on the Century do we get a free speciality dinner or am I mistaken?

Thanks Sharon

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If the Celebrity website can be trusted, it lists the following ONLY for Penthouse and Royal Suites Under "Features & Highlights/In addition our suites include/Dining"

One complimentary dinner for all guests in suite (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant

Here is the listing specifically for Summit RS: http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-century#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-century/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-cn-rs

There is no such benefit listed for Sky or Century Suites. That makes sense, given the specialty dining's small capacity on Summit.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr
Oops...I saw Gonzo's reply after I posted mine...too many interruptions today!