Silhoutte: is there noise from below in deck 6 cabins?

SeaWatch

Silhoutte: is there noise from below in deck 6 cabins?

Deck 6 aft on the Eclipse posed no problem with noise from beneath, but I guess our cabin was over the MDR which would be vacated late evening. Not sure about the cabins forward and mid ships though.

We were in 6291 on Equinox in 2011( same deck plan as Silhouette) and we were awakened by noises from below in the middle of the night several times ( restaurant area below) . We complained and included in evaluation - don't know if it's now fixed

We were in 6239 on the silhouette and were above the future cruise office it was very quite. Check the deck plans.

Our noise came from utility closet outside room and on balcony from carts being moved along deck 5. Was expecting noise and smoke from smokers but didn't even realize they were there most of the time.

We had 2 cabins on Deck 6 on our June Silhouette cruise. Our cabin was on the hump near the elevators - we didn't experience any noise. The other cabin was roughly "on top" of the photo gallery area. You need to look at the deck plan below to determine if there might be some noise issues. I personally would not want my cabin on top of a bar area, and both the Molecular Bar and Martini Bar are on Deck 5. There is also the theater, restaurants as well. I would imagine both of these ares would be relatively quiet late at night, but I'm not entirely sure where the "kitchen" area would be located at. There is also a row of shops, I would think this would be quiet at night as well. Again, I highly recommend looking at the deck plan below to determine areas that you might want to avoid.

• 9 months later...