Wine packages

sueandkent

My mom and her friend are joining us on our upcoming cruise, their first. They both are wine drinkers and are interested in the wine packages. Although I've cruised a lot this is not something I've ever paid attention to. Can any recent cruisers tell me what the different packages are and pricing. Also, if you buy a package are the bottles only accessible in the dining room or can you have some delivered to your room? What about the bars? Thanks for the help.

Warning, I may be off by a dollar or two, but this is the plans.

Princess offers two plans Gold and Silver. We have gotten the Silver several times. With it, you can order any bottle of wine that is priced at $29 or less. The cost depends on the number of bottles you want.

7 bottles is $24/bottle

10 bottles is $22/bottle

12 bottles is $20 per bottle.

The gold package is similar, but allows wines up to $45. Price was in the mid $30's per bottle

Thanks very much. Where you able to order the bottles both in the dining room and for your cabin? What about the bars?

I kept the brochure from the Golden in March which says "The package will be honored in the dining room, Horizon Court & alternative dining restaurants". There shouldn't be a problem getting a bottle from these locations to take to your cabin however you cannot get it from bars or Vines.

Silver - up to $29

7 bottle ($23/bottle) - $161

10 bottle ($21/bottle) - $210

12 bottle ($20/bottle) - $240

Gold - up to $45

7 - $31 - $217

10 - $29 - $290

12 - $28 - $336

Add 15% tip to all packages.

Whichever package purchased you may buy wine more expensive than the maximum amount & only pay the difference without any additional tip being added.

I purchased mine from my traditional dining room assistant waiter who was the one providing our wine instead of at the display at the aft elevators/stairways outside of the Horizon Court. I got the impression that there may be some benefit to the seller so I purchased the wine package from my MDR assistant waiter.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I kept the brochure from the Golden in March which says "The package will be honored in the dining room, Horizon Court & alternative dining restaurants". There shouldn't be a problem getting a bottle from these locations to take to your cabin however you cannot get it from bars or Vines.

Silver - up to $29

7 bottle ($23/bottle) - $161

10 bottle ($21/bottle) - $210

12 bottle ($20/bottle) - $240

Gold - up to $45

7 - $31 - $217

10 - $29 - $290

12 - $28 - $336

Add 15% tip to all packages.

Whichever package purchased you may buy wine more expensive than the maximum amount & only pay the difference without any additional tip being added.

I purchased mine from my traditional dining room assistant waiter who was the one providing our wine instead of at the display at the aft elevators/stairways outside of the Horizon Court. I got the impression that there may be some benefit to the seller so I purchased the wine package from my MDR assistant waiter.

Astro Flyer...........another question..........do you know if there are punches left on the wine bottle card at the end of the cruise, would the wine card be honored on future cruises like the "coffee card" is honored? Haven't tried this yet but it could happen:D

Astro Flyer...........another question..........do you know if there are punches left on the wine bottle card at the end of the cruise, would the wine card be honored on future cruises like the "coffee card" is honored? Haven't tried this yet but it could happen:D

I was told that wine card punches are only valid on the cruise it was purchased & have read of passengers getting remaining bottles of wine to take home. With luggage & weight limits when flying, that may only be a good option if driving home at the end of a cruise. If not able to take it home you could get the wine & give it to staff on the ship.

I was told that wine card punches are only valid on the cruise it was purchased & have read of passengers getting remaining bottles of wine to take home. With luggage & weight limits when flying, that may only be a good option if driving home at the end of a cruise. If not able to take it home you could get the wine & give it to staff on the ship.

Thanks..............will be sure to inquire on our next cruise that offers the wine bottle package;)

You're welcome & if you ever purchase it on B2B cruises confirm with your waiter it will be valid on both cruises. The card has the cruise # on it & I've read posts from those who were told it was only valid on the cruise where purchased. So I don't know if my waiter had to get authorization to waive that requirement but would confirm it if ever in that situation.

To me it would be ridiculous to be required to get all of my remaining bottles at the end of the first cruise and have to bring them each time to the dining room of the second cruise. But sometimes "rules" trump "logic" and might have to do it that way if they're unwilling to let me use it on both cruises. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hi Astro Flyer,

Thanks for the heads up about B2B wine consumption. We were thinking our 12 bottles of wine could be stretched over our 3 cruise package and now I see I need to check up on the validity of this. I'm pretty sure they will honour it, but will make sure before I commit to the package.

Many thanks:)

Hi Astro Flyer,

Thanks for the heads up about B2B wine consumption. We were thinking our 12 bottles of wine could be stretched over our 3 cruise package and now I see I need to check up on the validity of this. I'm pretty sure they will honour it, but will make sure before I commit to the package.

Many thanks:)

You're welcome & happy to share my experiences.

Do you know whether a bottle can be consumed over 2 nights? ie: will they hold it for you in mdr or can you bring it back from cabin 2nd nt?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if it's still only available on cruises of 10 days or more?

That goes to the Princess Cellars order form where the "All-Inclusive Bar Package" & individual bottles of wine (no discount) can be preordered however nothing for the wine package (discounted prices) which is only available on the ship.

I have not read any posts on it being available on cruises shorter than 10 days however know from personal experience that sometimes it's not available on 10+ day cruises & the reason they gave was because of "lack of inventory".

Edited by Astro Flyer

I must be missing something as I don't see any reference to the wine package in the link you posted...

I'm looking for the set packages (Silver & Gold) of bottles of wine, not the Beverage Package that includes other drinks.

I have all the info on the pricing, however I seem to remember in the past that you couldn't buy the package on anything less that a 10-day itinerary. It's been a while since I've done a 7-day, but I'm looking at a last-minute 7-day cruise and am hoping I can purchase the 7 bottle package. Not interested in the Beverage package for this trip. Can't find anything on the Princess site and am having trouble finding the previous CC threads on the topic.

Anyone done a 7-day itinerary lately and know one way or the other if you can purchase the 7 bottle package?

Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app