Explore 4 Jan 2015-April 2016 thoughts

oaktreerb

Signature Beverage Package seems to have changed for 2015 as far as value to guest being $50.00 per day. They still restrict it to 15 drinks per day under $7.

I think the reason for this promo is to pacify people who can only bring 1 bottle of wine under the new rules. On our most recent cruise a decent Merlot by the glass was $10.50 plus tax. So the SBP is for cheap wines or drinks under $7.

If the 2015 package is restricted to $50 per guest per day I think HAL should do away with the $7 limit. They can still restrict use to the ship and to drinks by the glass (no bottles, no HMC, no mini-bar, etc.).

The SBP is misunderstood by many cruisers and I think that simply restricting it to $50 per day tax included is enough. Don't restrict the price of the drink. Too many misunderstandings and irritated customers.

This is only in regard to the 2015-2016 EX4, not the one currently in use on ships.

Signature Beverage Package seems to have changed for 2015 as far as value to guest being $50.00 per day. They still restrict it to 15 drinks per day under $7.

I think the reason for this promo is to pacify people who can only bring 1 bottle of wine under the new rules. On our most recent cruise a decent Merlot by the glass was $10.50 plus tax. So the SBP is for cheap wines or drinks under $7.

If the 2015 package is restricted to $50 per guest per day I think HAL should do away with the $7 limit. They can still restrict use to the ship and to drinks by the glass (no bottles, no HMC, no mini-bar, etc.).

The SBP is misunderstood by many cruisers and I think that simply restricting it to $50 per day tax included is enough. Don't restrict the price of the drink. Too many misunderstandings and irritated customers.

This is only in regard to the 2015-2016 EX4, not the one currently in use on ships.

I believe the value of $50 per day is what the package would cost to purchase, not a restriction on the drinks per day. You can get up to 15 drinks per day which includes mixed drinks, soda, wine, specialty coffees etc. as long as each individual drink costs no more than $7.

15 drinks X 7$ = $105.

The Signature Beverage Package in the Explore 4 has NOT changed. The fine print is just the same as it was when the promotion was introduced last year. The $50 is the value HAL puts on the card (like the suggested retail price of an item in a store) and is not a limited for using the card. The card gets you 15 beverages priced $7 and under.

The $50 per day notation is confusing as it's really $51.69 ($44.95 + 15% service charge) but it lets a perspective customer (in this case a passenger) know what the promotional value is. It's simply a marketing angle that HAL is using to boost bookings.

The package is still exactly what it was when we purchased the SDP on the Noordam back in Feb. The package offers a max of 15 drinks per day with a max value of $7 per drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What did your TA tell you? I agree she could be mistaken, but am curious how the outside agencies understand this.

The package offers a max of 15 drinks per day with a max value of $7 per drink.

The $50 (in reality $51.69) refers to what the package would cost you if purchased separately. Now just think about it ... why would anyone pay $51.69 a day for a package limiting them to $50 worth of drinks :rolleyes:

As I said before, maybe time to start looking for a new PCC.