Freedom of the Seas drydock

On the negative side, I'm going to miss the running track going all the way to the front of the ship. I maybe in the minority, but I liked fighting a 50mph head wind and then turning the corner.

It's actually a great workout, kind of like intervals. I was on Indy a few months ago and after a windy run I'm kind of surprised that no runners have been blown off the ship as you make left turn under the royal crown lounge.

If the track really is shorter, I'll just run on deck four and climb the stairs to the pad. That's also a good workout.

Bill, great picture of our girl! Who are in port with her?

It seems a shame to have pushed her down to Nassau for a 2 day cruise when she has to limp back down to Freeport tomorrow for her make over.

They said she was late getting into PC on Sunday and it was a nightmare embarkation with people not getting on board until 3 PM!

Cheryl

We've been discussing the dry dock here for a while.

We don't know if anyone will have access to post pictures and information yet.

Last year Drydock Dave was able to post from the Navigator, but we don't know about this year!

It seems a shame to have pushed her down to Nassau for a 2 day cruise when she has to limp back down to Freeport tomorrow for her make over.

They said she was late getting into PC on Sunday and it was a nightmare embarkation with people not getting on board until 3 PM!

Cheryl

She is leaving Nassau right now. She was there with Allure, 2 Carniival ships and possibly a Costa ship I couldn't see.

Edited by BillOh

I guess after she unloads tomorrow and then reloads some food for the crew, she'll limp back down to Freeport tomorrow?

Cheryl

She hit 19 knots on Saturday, wouldn't call it limping, just impaired

We are in an Owner's Suite on the 1-10-16 sailing (yes, a long time away!) and I read earlier in this thread that rumor has it the Concierge lounge was becoming the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge was moving where the Diamond was? If this is true, doesn't it seem odd to move the suite Concierge lounge to deck 14 when all the suites are on deck 10? Curious to see what happens after the dryadic.

Come and join our roll call. We are kind of lonely. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030822&page=11

She hit 19 knots on Saturday, wouldn't call it limping, just impaired

considering her delivery specs were 24 knots at 75% power, limping is probably appropriate. What I find interesting is that they had to replace the bearings on that pod before they even took delivery of the ship (they failed during sea trials).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

nassau.gif

This is the first I've ever seen Freedom here. Or a Freedom class for that matter. Probably not the first, but first I've seen.

She is on a 2 day cruise with Nassau as the only port prior to drydock. She comes back to Port C tomorrow and after disembarkation, the ship will go to the drydock in Freeport.

Cheryl

Read that embarkation was a nightmare -- not only was she late but they had huge computer problems. Hope that with FR being restored to full speed, she will come into Port C when she is supposed to (she used to come in around 4:30 AM).

We are on the 2-22-2015 cruise (see that you are on a few weeks later) and got our Edocs that indicate FR will be at Terminal 1 so with 4 cruises before us, I hope they have embarkation down pat. We are used to smooth embarkations at Port C but our EX 12-4-2014 embarkation was terrible as a launch was scheduled from Cape Canaveral and the Govt. would not let the passengers get off until the launch window closed (without a launch) at 9:44 AM.

Edited by SherriZ366

We've been discussing the dry dock here for a while.

We don't know if anyone will have access to post pictures and information yet.

Last year Drydock Dave was able to post from the Navigator, but we don't know about this year!

I hope we get updates and pictures.