Freedom of the Seas drydock

Does this mean not more night club? Or place to dance the night away?

When they have removed the dedicated night club venue, they have tended to use the Viking Crown area for the late night DJ/dancing.

Edited by clarea

Just off the Freedom yesterday and heard at the CC meet & greet that they are adding staterooms to the forward part of the ship, above the spa/gym area. The activities director who was running the event said to look at the Navigator while we were in port together, as it will be similar to that ship. He also said to enjoy the jogging track as it is now, as it will be altered with the addition of the forward staterooms after drydock. Think he said they are adding a restaurant(s) to the area where Olive & Twist is now.

Mmm, according to the deck plans post dry dock, there are no cabins on decks above deck 10!

Mmm, according to the deck plans post dry dock, there are no cabins on decks above deck 10!

Are you talking about the ones dated 3 May 2015 to 24 April 2016? If so, I believe those are outdated since they have been there since before the dry dock was planned and the dates there don't correspond with the dry dock dates...

It's not unusual for Royal to hold back details about dry dock changes.

Edited by clarea

Are you talking about the ones dated 3 May 2015 to 24 April 2016? If so, I believe those are outdated since they have been there since before the dry dock was planned and the dates there don't correspond with the dry dock dates...

August. Besides that,she's going for 3 weeks into dry dock, so I think there is not enough time to add all those new cabins on deck 12. The 2 other ships that got the additional cabins went for 5-6 weeks into dry dock.

Edited by Topo Gigio

We were told differently…I guess they changed their minds after all the grumbling about Dynamic Dining.

They had said in August that Dynamic Dining is going to be instituted.

There was even talk of removing the Main Dining Room chandler and putting in a floor on the top dining room level to increase space…however that was not a certainty.

They backtracked. One week the Captain and Hotel Director were saying yes, the next week they were saying no. Once they said no I have not heard of any reports that they have said yes. RCI also put out a statement in Oct I believe that it would not be implemented.

This may be old information, but I wanted to put this out there just incase. I was invited on a 2 night Freedom sailing Jan 30 and the invite did mention "Enjoy new specialty dining, including Giovanni's Table and much more!"

For our 2-22-2015 cruise, you can make reservations for Giovanni's Table and Izumi (which will be on deck 14 I think).

They backtracked. One week the Captain and Hotel Director were saying yes, the next week they were saying no. Once they said no I have not heard of any reports that they have said yes. RCI also put out a statement in Oct I believe that it would not be implemented.
From everything I have read and from things that others have heard from corporate and other good sources, Dynamic Dining will not be implemented on FR.

With the rumored changed about adding staterooms in various places, wouldn't you think Royal would post deck plans? How are guests supposed to book these rooms say for Feb or March, if the deck plans don't show the availability? I would think that if staterooms are going to be added, they would show on the deck plans? Thoughts, anyone?

With the rumored changed about adding staterooms in various places, wouldn't you think Royal would post deck plans? How are guests supposed to book these rooms say for Feb or March, if the deck plans don't show the availability? I would think that if staterooms are going to be added, they would show on the deck plans? Thoughts, anyone?

Royal likes to keep secrets. It seems to override other logic.

August. Besides that,she's going for 3 weeks into dry dock, so I think there is not enough time to add all those new cabins on deck 12. The 2 other ships that got the additional cabins went for 5-6 weeks into dry dock.

Oasis added cabins in a two week dry dock, so it's not impossible.

Dynamic dining will be fleet wide, don't fool yourselfs. Can't wait! Goodbye knowing your waiters names who cares. I'm thrre for a good time and to eat and I won't be stuck in a main dining room all week. They have realized they can't keep losing passengers to NCL.

Dynamic dining will be fleet wide, don't fool yourselfs. Can't wait! Goodbye knowing your waiters names who cares. I'm thrre for a good time and to eat and I won't be stuck in a main dining room all week. They have realized they can't keep losing passengers to NCL.

And what makes you so sure? If Royal was implementing DD as fast as you seem to think, don't you think they'd be advertising it for Freedom? After all, they're already advertising it for Allure, which won't be getting it until May/June.

Oh and btw, I care!

And what makes you so sure? If Royal was implementing DD as fast as you seem to think, don't you think they'd be advertising it for Freedom? After all, they're already advertising it for Allure, which won't be getting it until May/June.

Oh and btw, I care!

I care too.

Personally I like the MDR. Cruising is meant to be classy in a sense. NCL is McDonald's of cruising. Our friends Just came off breakaway and said the ship is "class-less" and boring. Tons of cabins but ship was relatively boring (weather was poor tho) buffet got old after day 2. Not sure why royal would wanna do anything NCL is doing. If they change the dining, I will try it. If it sucks I will try another line,that still has attention to detail.

Trust me RCCL is hitting on all cylinders right now. The stock price is at or near the all time high. With super cheap oil prices, they're bringing in cash hand over fist and taking full advantage of the largest cruise ship company in the world after the negative publicity from the "poop cruise". If they were losing customers and not gaining new ones to offset, the stock price would plummet. RCCL is on fire right now.

We initially heard she was getting Hairspray, but I've not heard that in a while.

I would love that, if it is still true. I will be on Jan 30 and will be sure to let everyone know anything I can find out.

I am not sure why RCCL is so secretive. Maybe they don't want to announce what is happening, in case it doesn't happen? But, at the same time, they would benefit from advertising things like new cabins, shows, dining, etc.